Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone Considering unis lower down the league tables watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    All these people who go on about how rich they are going to be after going to LSE etc need to grow up. It is actually quite laughable how obsessed you are with money. Frankly I would rather be happy than working in some fat cat industry working out new ways to rip people off.
    Ever read American Psycho?

Personally, my heroine is Francois Sagan - obtained a place at the Sorbonne, dropped out and wrote the modern French classic Bonjour Tristesse at 19.

Ironically, as I write this I am listening to Queen's I Want It All:

I want it all
    I want it all
    I want it all
    And I want it now
    Ain't much I'm asking
    I heard him say
    Gotta find me a future
    Move out of my way

Ironically, the following track is I Want to Break Free

University isn't the only key to success.

ReputationRep:
    I read that McDonalds is one of the biggest graduate employers in the UK. However I a not surew how many of these people work behind the counter cooking food.
    /Most of them - Assistant Manager at Maccy D's is classed as a 'Graduate Entry job'. Sad huh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    Oh dear.

Those 'dead snob's' will be your employers some day, i would watch your attitude if i were you.
    Spot the flaw in the above sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    :confused:
    really?

You're a graduate from a 4 yr St Andrews degree and you're still describing yourself as a "boy"?
    LMAO!!!!!

He's full of crap...

But he is still a boy don't you think? Certainly acts like one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratcat)
    LMAO!

Then again... you never know - the dead will have their day...!

ReputationRep:

The flaw would be..."I would watch your attitude if I was you"

Pot...

Kettle...

Black !!!

ReputationRep:

But then...only an educated fool would think 'dead snobs' will employ people! That will be the first time it will go down in history!

ReputationRep:
    * shiny does his walking dead impression *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    * shiny does his walking dead impression *

Lol!!!! You going to be my employer then?

ReputationRep:
    hehe but maybe some 'dead snobs' have been known to walk? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)
    Lol!!!! You going to be my employer then?
    Excellent! Another recruit for my benabot revolution!

PS. Benabots are ribena flavoured nanobots that can be programmed to do anything from the ironing to killing cancer. I'm going to invent them in the future My benabot corporation will conquer the world!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Excellent! Another recruit for my benabot revolution!

PS. Benabots are ribena flavoured nanobots that can be programmed to do anything from the ironing to killing cancer. I'm going to invent them in the future My benabot corporation will conquer the world!
    Superb! I am more than satisfied to be part of your 'benabot revoloution', sounds splendid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    hehe but maybe some 'dead snobs' have been known to walk? :confused:

Yeah, they woke up when they heard how expensive their coffin was going to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    My benabot corporation will conquer the world!
    I've given up all ideas about engineering a successful revolution. Benabot sounds brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to teesside to take computer science, it aparrently has a good repuation for the course and the area is cheap to live in.

They want me to get BC for my avce and im expected AB/BB. I feel, in the majority, ok about my decision from what people have told me about teessides repuation for the course.

ReputationRep:
    It is funny how some of the most sucessful graduates on here don't have all singing and dancing A levels, didn't go to the very best universities but have a very down to earth attitude.

You should go to the best university you can afford but don't look down on those who don't as places like TVU will be best university for some people.

ReputationRep:
    It is funny how some of the most sucessful graduates on here don't have all singing and dancing A levels, didn't go to the very best universities but have a very down to earth attitude.

You should go to the best university you can afford but don't look down on those who don't as places like TVU will be best university for some people.
    I agree...but some people go to extremes to make themself look pathetic, very amusing.

Oh and Raj2 please stop sending messages trying to be patronising about my university of my choice...it isn't big...it isn't clever but it is certainly immature!If you can't cope with me going to a different university and it's bothering you so much, just top yourself, because if you can't cope with a simple thing like that in the world...then God help you when you get in the REAL world! When you go to university there are people from all different walks of life, and then you will learn. Those who go to a top university are no better than me nor more superior than me.
    'Nuff said!!!

ReputationRep:
    I agree...but some people go to extremes to make themself look pathetic, very amusing.

Oh and Raj2 please stop sending messages trying to be patronising about my university of my choice...it isn't big...it isn't clever but it is certainly immature!If you can't cope with me going to a different university and it's bothering you so much, just top yourself
    Nice.

What you choose to do with your life has no impact on mine whatsoever, I do however feel you are being unrealistic when you expect employers to view a City or Greenwich degree, of whatever standard, as favourably as they would to other universities, it simply *isnt* going to happen. As you appear to have a problem accepting this i think it is best if we leave this.

For the record i have no great problem with people going to univerisities that are 'below' them but i just don't understand it. From my experience the individuals i've known who should be at uni's 50 places higher have not enjoyed their first years at all purely because the other people on the course do not have the same work ethic. The examples i have in mind are friends at City, Lincoln, Plymouth and Goldsmiths.

Off to prepare for interview

ReputationRep:
    IWhen you go to university there are people from all different walks of life, and then you will learn. Those who go to a top university are no better than me nor more superior than me.
    'Nuff said!!!
    At university already thanks, search for posts by Rah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    Nice.

What you choose to do with your life has no impact on mine whatsoever, I do however feel you are being unrealistic when you expect employers to view a City or Greenwich degree, of whatever standard, as favourably as they would to other universities, it simply *isnt* going to happen. As you appear to have a problem accepting this i think it is best if we leave this.

For the record i have no great problem with people going to univerisities that are 'below' them but i just don't understand it. From my experience the individuals i've known who should be at uni's 50 places higher have not enjoyed their first years at all purely because the other people on the course do not have the same work ethic. The examples i have in mind are friends at City, Lincoln, Plymouth and Goldsmiths.

Off to prepare for interview
    Depends what you want to do...I want to teach A Levels, so I know I will get a job, thank you.

Now leave me ALONE!!! Get a life and leave others to do what they want with theirs.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.