The Student Room Group

physics

Hi I am learning A level Physics privately and have found a centre for practical endorsements and exams in Birmingham.

Is anybody out there can share class notes for AQA?
Original post by Tarinimz
Hi I am learning A level Physics privately and have found a centre for practical endorsements and exams in Birmingham.

Buy a textbook and use

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=3550-a-level-physics

Look up Physics and maths tutor they have some notes for the new spec..

My class notes are basically the same thing in the physics AQA textbook and the CGP one.

Also check out a level physics online on youtube.

http://www.theallpapers.com/request-notes/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Edmar Hadad
Look up Physics and maths tutor they have some notes for the new spec..

My class notes are basically the same thing in the physics AQA textbook and the CGP one.

Also check out a level physics online on youtube.

http://www.theallpapers.com/request-notes/

Thank you mate. Are you first year or second. Would you reccomend any book in particular?
Thank you mate. Are you first year or second. Would you reccomend any book in particular?

I'm a first year. I cant speak for year 2 but I use the revision book for cgp (the fat one that pure revision no student guide its actually reallly good)

Also look up practical physics book by hodders

and the normal endorsed one.
Reply 5
Original post by Edmar Hadad
I'm a first year. I cant speak for year 2 but I use the revision book for cgp (the fat one that pure revision no student guide its actually reallly good)

Also look up practical physics book by hodders

and the normal endorsed one.

Thank you for your help. I have purchased AQA book from amazon. I have one centre in Birmingham charging £1000 for practicals, is that a fair price? I havent signed up yet with them.
I dont really know the prices to be honest with you but looking at the equipment we use there is no way they cost £1000 lol

most expensive thing we used is probably a laser beam or some ultrasound frequency machine.

other than that its basic stuff
Reply 7
Yeah, the most expensive stuff we used in our practicals was a thermistor. Mine nearly blew up, it started smoking and everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
[QUOTE="Hadad;70779250" Edmar="Edmar"]I dont really know the prices to be honest with you but looking at the equipment we use there is no way they cost £1000 lol

most expensive thing we used is probably a laser beam or some ultrasound frequency machine.

other than that its basic stuff[/QUOTE

Seems so but all places charge aroudn 1500 or so. They have also offer instalments so can break the cost which is handy.

Quick Reply

Latest