The Student Room Group

Part time jobs

Right so, I am looking for part time jobs. had a lot of interviews. my question is, is it worth it to get a part time job now, if i'm leaving in september? i think it is but i'm worried companies will not view my favourable when i leave in september?
Reply 1
You don't need to tell anyone that you're leaving in September

Plus some places may even offer a transfer if that's what you'd want
Reply 2
Original post by Tom3198
You don't need to tell anyone that you're leaving in September

Plus some places may even offer a transfer if that's what you'd want

i hope so but i don't want them to feel i've wasted their time you know? hope i get a transfer (if i'm any good mind)
Reply 3
Original post by Jess1975
i hope so but i don't want them to feel i've wasted their time you know? hope i get a transfer (if i'm any good mind)

Yeah, i get that i mean i'm sure they hire temp people all the time and you'd still be working for a good few months and in the summer you can do loads of overtime which they would be grateful for
Reply 4
Original post by Tom3198
Yeah, i get that i mean i'm sure they hire temp people all the time and you'd still be working for a good few months and in the summer you can do loads of overtime which they would be grateful for

Exactly! told them i was student as well, so i'm hoping it's explanatory. i think i'm over thinking it.
Reply 5
Original post by Jess1975
Exactly! told them i was student as well, so i'm hoping it's explanatory. i think i'm over thinking it.

Yeah, i have to leave my part time job in just over a year but when you are a student I don't think they are expecting you to be in for the long haul. I've been pretty open about being a student with them and they know that Uni is my priority.
Reply 6
Original post by Tom3198
Yeah, i have to leave my part time job in just over a year but when you are a student I don't think they are expecting you to be in for the long haul. I've been pretty open about being a student with them and they know that Uni is my priority.

I mean my biggest worry is I'd be there less than six months you know? but ahh i'll face it if and when i get there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending