Turn on thread page Beta

dividing A grades into 4 parts? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    or why not scrap a levels all together just let the universities test u, and if ur not goin to uni dont do a levels, do something useful like be an electrician instead of wasting the 2 years and tax payers money
    Yeah..but if you're not planning to go to uni....they normally drop out after GCSEs. I don't know many people doing a levels who aren't planning to go to uni.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    In Iran it's like that.They have an overall university admissions test based upon your position gradewise in the country, you're accepted in universities for instance, if you're the 1000th person in the country you'll get into a lower grade university..it's terrible....

i dont mean the same test for each uni, let each uni give its own exams at the standard they want from its applicants, ie the cambridge test would be far harder than the test for hull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    i dont mean the same test for each uni, let each uni give its own exams at the standard they want from its applicants, ie the cambridge test would be far harder than the test for hull
    they used to do that with oxbridge. people who passed it would basically get EE offers after that, because the uni knew the strengths- very few of those people actually went on to get EE of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    they used to do that with oxbridge. people who passed it would basically get EE offers after that, because the uni knew the strengths- very few of those people actually went on to get EE of course
    My maths teacher had an EE offer for oxford....i wish i had one for cambridge....

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    EE?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    My maths teacher had an EE offer for oxford....i wish i had one for cambridge....

G
    Life would be so much nicer if that was the case for us :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Life would be so much nicer if that was the case for us :rolleyes:
    Yeah!! I think i'd already have the grades just from AS

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralNeo)
    EE?? :confused:
    Yeah..2 Es at a level as opposed to the normal AAA!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Yeah!! I think i'd already have the grades just from AS

G
    me too. i'd prefer if they'd had that system for us, would have eased the pressure, i might have been able to competely relax this summer.

on the other hand i doubt i'd have got a place at sidney if i had to do an admissions test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    on the other hand i doubt i'd have got a place at sidney if i had to do an admissions test
    Same....i purposely chose caius cos they only interviewed. I hate the pressure of exams

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    The Iran system is harder than the English system, but it's better, just as the US system is better than the English system. The Iranian system is based around the US one.
    13 years is just too much ..they have 12 years but the downfall with the system is that most people fall a year back
    I knoe of 12 friends that failed to enter the course they wished for with high averages and ended up going to private universities..
    It's much harder..
    I remember studying year 10 there and discovering AS biology contained the principles covered in that book

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.