The Student Room Group

What are some "cool trainers" for a girls.. 17 yrold?

I'm aware this sounds like something a mum would ask but I genuinely don't know. I don't wear trainers ever. Like all my shoes are boots etc but I want to start wearing them. However, with trainers it seems there's a hierachy (at least in london) and certain ones you should never wear etc. So what's the deal? Help pls.
Reply 1
I wear Adidas ZX Flux and see similar styles like the Nike Roches all over the place. They're great, super comfy and go with literally everything :biggrin:
everyone got dem adidas superstars
Original post by tnk191
I'm aware this sounds like something a mum would ask but I genuinely don't know. I don't wear trainers ever. Like all my shoes are boots etc but I want to start wearing them. However, with trainers it seems there's a hierachy (at least in london) and certain ones you should never wear etc. So what's the deal? Help pls.

Here's a pretty cool pair of loafers you could get?

Spoiler

Reply 4
Try some different styles of trainers that you like. I wouldn't buy anything to look cool because... what's the point in that? You may end up liking a pair of trainers that are regarded as cool, but it's you that's wearing them, so choose best for you. Comfort and function over style and street credit.
Going on holiday and want to wow people at the beach? Buy these stylish high heels.

Spoiler

Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Going on holiday and want to wow people at the beach? Buy these stylish high heels.

Spoiler

omg yes
Nothing beats vans or converse, cheap and go with everything. Air Max's are really comfortable too (e.g. 95s and 97s) but are harder to pull off. I have a personal vendetta against Adidas (especially Superstars) as they're pretty overplayed.
Oh no, it's raining outside! Buy these babies and you'll never have to worry about getting wet feet again.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by supalape
Nothing beats vans or converse, cheap and go with everything. Air Max's are really comfortable too (e.g. 95s and 97s) but are harder to pull off. I have a personal vendetta against Adidas (especially Superstars) as they're pretty overplayed.

Vans are awesome, especially the sk8-hi's! Converse fall apart in like, 3 months, and are pretty thin-soled. Avoid if you walk a lot :frown:
Fluorescent pink is a must. :wink:

Seriously, go with whatever's most comfortable.
Is your back hurting from doing some spring cleaning? We have the solution!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Adidas Superstars?
adidas UltraBoosts or adidas NMD R1s. Flex

Quite hard to get but should be able to find some stuff instores or online
I bought Nike running shoes around the £50 mark - cool and functional (when running) (or attempting a Davina workout DVD).
Those

Quick Reply

Latest