The Student Room Group

For All You Thiests Out There

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steljoy
I personally believe in a "God" but I would never ever pick a religion.

And I guess my god can make that stone? :laugh:

Make your own religion Lol. But it's cool you don't identify with one whilst still believing in God.
Original post by feministy
Make your own religion Lol. But it's cool you don't identify with one whilst still believing in God.

Yeap :yep: Although religions plan to bring peace but atm they are creating more fights, wars and arguments between people than anything else does
but do you have a religion u follow?
Original post by Steljoy
Yeap :yep: Although religions plan to bring peace but atm they are creating more fights, wars and arguments between people than anything else does
Original post by unillama
but do you have a religion u follow?

Nope, none
so then who do u worship to?
Original post by Steljoy
Nope, none
This is basically the "if god is all good, god cannot be all powerful" and vice versa argument, just without the morality aspect

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you say to this?

Can God create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it?
Either God can create such a stone or he can’t.

If he can’t, then there is something that he cannot do, namely create the stone, and therefore he is not omnipotent.

If he can, it continues, then there is also something that he cannot do, namely lift the stone, and therefore he is not omnipotent.
There must be a way coz God left no stone unturned. But ours is not to know the mind of God.
Original post by unillama
so then who do u worship to?

To the person who put me here, which I have no idea why and never got the purpose of it.

I don't exactly worship or pray to my god, but if something good happens I say my thanks
You're asking if God is constrained by the laws of logic.

Does being constrained by logic really make you any less powerful? Is God deficient if he cannot make 2+2=3?

Leibniz said God can be both omnipotent and constrained by logical laws.

Spoiler

hmm ok ok
good answer
Original post by Steljoy
To the person who put me here, which I have no idea why and never got the purpose of it.

I don't exactly worship or pray to my god, but if something good happens I say my thanks
Reply 30
‘God cannot create a stone which God cannot lift’ only means that ‘if God can create a stone, then God can lift it’ - Wade Savage
If you define omnipotence to do the logically impossible, then yes he can.

If you define omnipotence to do the logically possible, then no he can't

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you say to this?

If he can’t, then there is something that he cannot do, namely create the stone, and therefore he is not omnipotent.

If he can, it continues, then there is also something that he cannot do, namely lift the stone, and therefore he is not omnipotent.
There is no greater response than an explanation. for the question (and statements) do not pertain to how God is described.

the question applies human physical traits to a God that is not described in a physical way. In contrasts, that is like trying to give amphibious traits to an ocean fish. Yes both can swim, but the fish can't walk on land and the amphibian would not share all capabilities to survive in the ocean.

there is no point in "answering" illogical problem that is not a problem.
What do you say to this?

Yes, yes She can.
What do you say to this?

This is a terrible argument as it pre-assumes there is a stone God cannot lift. How can God create something he cannot?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending