R2497
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everybody,

I'm a 20 year old girl and my mother doesn't like it if i meet up with my friends once every few weeks. Why on earth would this be?? Is she jealous or something?? Surely she must be jealous, because why else would any mother have that kind of weird attitude???????????? Oh my mum is 60 by the way. Perhaps it's because she's past her prime?
username3099438
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
jealous obvs
R2497
Rep:
?
(Original post by feministy)
jealous obvs
Yeah that's what i think. Glad we're on the same lines of thinking hun x
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
have you talked to her about this?
Clockrice
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by R2497)
Hi everybody,

I'm a 20 year old girl and my mother doesn't like it if i meet up with my friends once every few weeks. Why on earth would this be?? Is she jealous or something?? Surely she must be jealous, because why else would any mother have that kind of weird attitude???????????? Oh my mum is 60 by the way. Perhaps it's because she's past her prime?
Ask her? Maybe she is worried about you going out or doesn't like your friends.
Laughh3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
She's clearly being protective over you. You say you're 20 but don't seem 20 by the way you write.. Could be an indication as to why she's so protective..
Lychee628
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
She probably just cares for you and her being 60 , she wants you to be by her side in her 60's and 70's?
R2497
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laughh3)
She's clearly being protective over you. You say you're 20 but don't seem 20 by the way you write.. Could be an indication as to why she's so protective..
Yeah...because that's a constructive piece of advice...................
R2497
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
have you talked to her about this?
No, because if i approached the subject, she would just deny it and say ''i haven't got anything to be jealous of, I don't know what you're talking about''
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by R2497)
No, because if i approached the subject, she would just deny it and say ''i haven't got anything to be jealous of, I don't know what you're talking about''
Then do not start by accusing her of being jealous in the first place.

Ask her why she does not like it when you go out with your friends every few weeks without assuming things.

However, to be sincere, I can already see why she is so reluctant to let you go out. Based purely on the way you write and on what you write, you seem rather immature and childish in thinking for your age (honestly thinking she is jealous? Seriously?). I would have guessed you are 13-15 (16 at best) based on how you write and think. Of course, do not take offence since I know that might be false; I am just pointing out how your writing sounds like.

Do you even have any reason to believe she is jealous? Why would she be jealous?

Either way, talk to her.
R2497
Rep:
?
(Original post by Michiyo)
Then do not start by accusing her of being jealous in the first place.

Ask her why she does not like it when you go out with your friends every few weeks without assuming things.

However, to be sincere, I can already see why she is so reluctant to let you go out. Based purely on the way you write and on what you write, you seem rather immature and childish in thinking for your age (honestly thinking she is jealous? Seriously?). I would have guessed you are 13-15 (16 at best) based on how you write and think. Of course, do not take offence since I know that might be false; I am just pointing out how your writing sounds like.

Do you even have any reason to believe she is jealous? Why would she be jealous?

Either way, talk to her.
Well to be honest, I can't think why else she would act the way she does, other than the potential idea of her being envious of me?? Why would a mother not want her daughter to have a friend?
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol, i don't think she's jealous.... ask her
sandysofia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think she is just trying to protect you, sometimes parents or even grandparents can be a little overwhelming. Try to talk to her one more time and if you get nothing out of it just forget it and move on. It's what I do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads