The Student Room Group

HELP!! Black girls so left out

I really cant take it anymore :frown:(((
I've had to witness my friends get asked out so many times, but never me.
Over the last year or so I've seen all my friends at least get asked out once, some twice, the prettiest one like 5-6 times.
Even when we hang out with guys they something stare at them, but not at me, i'm not fat or anything. I just have so many typical black girl features

I tried to change strategy and even ask a few guys out, even tho they are supposed to mainly. They all were being nice and ended up saying something like you're not really my type, sorry. I know they just think i'm uglier than my friends cause i'm not having that nice smooth skin and shining blond hair.

so a couple of days ago it just really broke my heart :frown:
A week ago or so I sat down with 2 friends, 1 of them just got out of a relationship like a month ago and some people know this, 2 guys approached us. 1 white guy and 1 asian guy(kpop like looking), they basically asked my 2 friends out for a date. My friends are aware of my thoughts up to an extend.
The one who just got out of a relationship said to them, I'm not sure if i'm ready to go on a double date, maybe if you can find someone for her(me) we can make it a group thing.

The guys took this as a triple-date of course. A couple days later, they came to us again with a third guy. I'm pretty sure they didn't tell him everything and kind of tricked him. cause the third guy started talking to one of my friends, than the asian guy explained that he was supposed to be with me kinda, the guy tried to get out of it nicely, even tho it was awkward. The guys asked my friends again if they wanted to go on a date and they said no, just cause they feel bad for me. At least it feels like that.

I talked to another black girl who I don't know very well, cause she friends with some friends but not really close to me or anything. I asked her about it, and more or less she feels the same sometimes. sorry if i ranted, but just wanted to get my heart out as im almost crying

Scroll to see replies

It's not because of your skin. You just haven't found the right person yet.
It is not because of skin colour, I would personally ask a girl of your colour out if they are a decent person
Reply 3
I'm sure there are lots of people for who this is the opposite. They're white and they don't get asked out but their black friends do so it's definitely not because of your skin colour. The right guy will come eventually. Probably best you are lucky enough to avoid all the other crap thus far anyway
You've just not found the right guy, don't worry about it.

p.s. I find black chicks extremely attractive :P
Original post by shawn_o1

She didn't say it was her skin. Simply that she has features associated with black people. The fact it isn't skin is best made with South East Asians. Take two of them, and they look almost identical. But some have narrower, more prominent noses. Some have less prominent, wider noses. The former is more attractive.
Im not gonna lie to you- people are inherently flawed and society does advertise black women as less attractive as those of fairer skin- but you shouldnt even want to associate with people who think youre less because of your skin colour- ignore these people, youll eventually find someone who loves you for you
I'm an Indian guy (born in the uk and we aren't known for being attractive) and all my mates are in relationships, i'm starting Uni this year and i don't worry about it and either should you, i'm sure you'll find the right guy :smile:
Original post by ChristopherHuey
She didn't say it was her skin. Simply that she has features associated with black people. The fact it isn't skin is best made with South East Asians. Take two of them, and they look almost identical. But some have narrower, more prominent noses. Some have less prominent, wider noses. The former is more attractive.

I'm pretty sure OP is black because of the title and the last paragraph.

Original post by Anonymous
Im not gonna lie to you- people are inherently flawed and society does advertise black women as less attractive as those of fairer skin- but you shouldnt even want to associate with people who think youre less because of your skin colour- ignore these people, youll eventually find someone who loves you for you

I agree with this
This makes me so upset. Girl, i am telling you right now, if these pricks reject you because of your skin colour or your ethnicity/race then they were never worth it to begin with. And they're just losing out on black girl magic. I can't really say i feel the same because i've learned to absolutely love my african features and my skin colour. I love being dark skin!! And you should too. I don't even have to see a pic of you to tell you that you're beautiful. We have full lips, beautiful afro hair and our skin in general is just popping! Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
(edited 7 years ago)

Original post by Steljoy
It is not because of skin colour, I would personally ask a girl of your colour out if they are a decent person

I appreciate it and all, but thats what been said to me by some guys and my friends. Yet they all pick my friends.
People spill that all around ''you will find the one'' i'm sure the one has a better chance when 10 people are interested and i'm here alone
Even honestly I can see it , I just typed in pretty girl, pretty asian girl, pretty latina girl and pretty black girl and the internet gave me this.
Even tho the black girl is pretty, she isn't nearly as pretty as the other ones.

http://combiboilersleeds.com/image.php?pic=/images/pretty-girl/pretty-girl-5.jpg
https://saboteur365.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/sexiest-actress-wang-xi-wei.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/f6/54/cdf6541ad46d39c7f9e4c3b944de0bc3.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/22/34/35/2234358070f1a5c27e00a3d1faf867bc.jpg
Original post by emerald7770
This makes me so upset. Girl, i am telling you right now, if these pricks reject you because of your skin colour or your ethnicity/race then they were never worth it to begin with. And they're just losing out on black girl magic. I can't really say i feel the same because i've learned to absolutely love my african features and my skin colour. I love being dark skin!! And you should too. I don't even have to see a pic of you to tell you that you're beautiful. We have full lips, beautiful afro hair and our skin in general is just popping! Everyone is beautiful in their own way.

They also tend to have the booty

I'm really sorry to say, but a lot of african girls straighten their hair/have a wig, cause of the fact that they don't like it.
It honestly breaks my heart to hear you feel that way. You are beautiful just the way you are! You just haven't found the right person yet. Easier said than done but please don't be sad :frown:

Statistically, black women are less preferred to whites and asians
Original post by Steljoy

Unfortunately, people in society subconsciously prefer black women less than whites and asians
Original post by Somepersonhere
I'm really sorry to say, but a lot of african girls straighten their hair/have a wig, cause of the fact that they don't like it.

You're not wrong, there are some. And whilst some of them, genuinely do not like their hair, a lot of them have been brought up to think that they have ugly hair so that contributed to it. But let's not forget that other races wear wigs, extensions and so forth too. But yeah. There isn't anything wrong if they choose to wear weaves though. So long as they're happy.
You're not wrong, there are some. And whilst some of them, genuinely do not like their hair, a lot of them have been brought up to think that they have ugly hair so that contributed to it. But let's not forget that other races wear wigs, extensions and so forth too. But yeah. There isn't anything wrong if they choose to wear weaves though. So long as they're happy.

Haven't seen a white girl aged 15-25 wear a wig yet o.0, (unless medical reason)
Extensions is very different as that is usually similar to your natural hair.
Original post by Anonymous

I wouldn't have said it any better.
As much as people say it's not the truth it is. Us black girls are least preferred and what worries me is that some girls will take that as them not being beautiful. We have full lips, hips that don't lie and gorgeous hair that nobody else has!!!
Original post by Somepersonhere
Haven't seen a white girl aged 15-25 wear a wig yet o.0, (unless medical reason)
Extensions is very different as that is usually similar to your natural hair.

It's very common in my area for white girls to get weaves and braid their hair, it's pretty much the norm, and its not even for medical reasons, their inspiration is mainly celebrities like Kylie Jenner and whatnot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending