The Student Room Group

Piercings as a lawyer?

Hello,
I am currentlt considering on whether or not take a law degree.
My question is, as a young teen i got four lip piercings which has now left visable holes on my face. Will this affect my chances of becoming a lawyer? Will law firms hire me still or will they be completely put off? ( i do not still wear the lip jewlerry but the hole remains forever.)
Thanks.
Are they really very noticeable?

Just make your CV so good they can't not hire you.
Original post by T.M. Salamander
Are they really very noticeable?

Just make your CV so good they can't not hire you.

Yes theyre very noticable especially as i have 4 *sigh*
Original post by Lilygreen123

Post pic so we can judge. You know, for science.
9bdfec8c-7684-4734-bdde-3dc95ff5144e.png
This isnt my photo, but looks like this except with 4 of them , 2 on each side
Original post by Lilygreen123

I doubt it will make any difference. You can look into concealing or later on f it matters a bit of surgery will let the holes heal up again. Dont let it deter you.
Nope wont make any difference. Dont worry.
How long has the jewellery been out for? - tbh I thought little holes healed up eventually.

A woman at work had her ears gauged then had surgery to close them again to make herself look more professional... but that was pretty extreme piercing.
Original post by Joinedup
How long has the jewellery been out for? - tbh I thought little holes healed up eventually.

A woman at work had her ears gauged then had surgery to close them again to make herself look more professional... but that was pretty extreme piercing.

Around 2 years! Apparently they never go and the only way to get rid of them is surgery but i cant find anyone who does it in the uk. They only seem to do the ear gauge surgery but not lip unfortunately
Don't worry about it for now. You will easily get someone to sort that out.

I would probably operate on it myself. Just get a file like the ones below, stick it in and twirl so breaks the skin then let it heal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending