Hve you ever wondered what happened to 10 of the 12 apostles?

Watch
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
After Pentecost (Acts 2), all apart from Peter and James (son of Alphaeus) and John drop from the narrative. These were Jesus' hand-picked men, witnesses of all that he said and did and who's names will be (spiritually) the foundations of New Jerusalem, yet after they are born again we don't get so much as a verse or greeting tagged on to one of the New Testament letters!

Why do you think this is?

“the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee (martyred - Acts 12:2), and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot (replaced by Matthias)." (Matthew 10:2-3)
NJA
Rep:
?
Correction, 9 apostles.

Seeing as the love of God for his people is a major theme of the bible, this seems like a contradiction that there isn't so much as a hello, how are you doing to or from any of them!
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It may not be in our bible because they've completed their part of the story. It probably is somewhere else or even paraphrased in it. I would assume that there's very few missing details. If they don't do something new would they not then return to their jobs? They still worked during being disciples.
NJA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anfanny)
It may not be in our bible because they've completed their part of the story....
Completed? They didn't even start!
Jesus told them to go into all the World and teach all nations.
NJA
Rep:
?
OK! . . . I have researched and here's the answer to my own question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (23)
10.13%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (135)
59.47%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (31)
13.66%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (33)
14.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.2%

Watched Threads