Are there any Primary Education students here?

Watch this thread
Alice97x
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, has anyone got in as a mature student or from a access course to study this course and where? Thanks xx
SilverWings
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I am currently in the process of applying to study a BA (Hons) in Education and SEN at Holy Cross College (in partnership with Liverpool Hope Uni) - as a mature (28 year old) student returning to studies for the 3RD time.

I'm not 'in' yet but I've been given a very heavy nod in the direction that I am more than qualified to study for the degree alongside my job as an SSA/HLTA at a school.
tlou95
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm not a Uni student yet, but I have received two offers for Primary Education with QTS at both Edge Hill University and University of Cumbria (Lancaster Campus).

Currently studying an Access Course with the Education pathway.
Ljayne89
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Just finishing my first year on the BEd Primary Education with QTS. Did an access course with DistanceLearningCentre. Has been one hell of a year... so worth it though. Will be 30 when I graduate.
Alice97x
Rep:
(Original post by Ljayne89)
Just finishing my first year on the BEd Primary Education with QTS. Did an access course with DistanceLearningCentre. Has been one hell of a year... so worth it though. Will be 30 when I graduate.
May I ask which uni your at?🙂 Are you enjoying the course? Thanks x
Alice97x
Rep:
(Original post by tlou95)
I'm not a Uni student yet, but I have received two offers for Primary Education with QTS at both Edge Hill University and University of Cumbria (Lancaster Campus).

Currently studying an Access Course with the Education pathway.
That's the access course I'm hoping to study so that's helpful if you don't mind me asking how much experience did you have before applying? And congrats on the offers!!🙂X
tlou95
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I had about 15 days experience in a Key Stage 1 Primary Education class before my interview, and they did ask a couple of questions during the interview stage about my experiences.

Think it's a requirement for most universities that you have minimum 10 days experience in a primary school before applying/interview stage.

The University of Cumbria's conditional offer also added that I need a further 5 days experience in a key stage 2 class, which I will complete when my ACCESS course is finished as I'm too busy atm, with my part-time job and numerous assignments
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (223)
42.31%
The paper was reasonable (226)
42.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.69%

Watched Threads