The Student Room Group

how do i deicide?

i have had interviews for adult and MH nursing but no offers yet.
I feel passionate about MH but all my nursing friends say do adult.

What if I don't like MH?

What if I don't like adult?

Also there are obviously many areas im not aware of or considered within adult that I may love!

how do I decide?
Original post by Ewhitt
i have had interviews for adult and MH nursing but no offers yet.
I feel passionate about MH but all my nursing friends say do adult.

What if I don't like MH?

What if I don't like adult?

Also there are obviously many areas im not aware of or considered within adult that I may love!

how do I decide?

If you're passionate about mental health and that's where your interests lie, then do mental health.
It's often people saying do adult as they don't know about other fields.
It's a common misconception that there are more jobs etc in adult and you'll be able to do more etc.
There's jobs for nurses everywhere. There are more adult vacancies as there are more adult nurses graduating than there are other fields.
But you'll find if you go into a field that you're not passionate about, that you aren't excited about, it'll make the work seem harder, the days seem longer etc.

It's the rest of your career that you need to think about and where you want to end up. Don't listen to people telling you to do adult if that's not where your interests are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I think it's a personal decision for you to make, taking into consideration your work experience, interests and career aspirations.
I think there is always a small risk (or worry) of not liking your branch of nursing when you start the degree but my first choice university said, at the interview, that they do consider letting students change branches of nursing if they feel that is the best thing to do for them, so this may be an option for you if you needed to consider it.
I hope this helps a bit.
Reply 3
THanks I feel like MH is my calling but got confused by other people's opinions ..got my offers today! !! I'm over the moon
Reply 4
most unis, the first year is the same for both. Best of luck with whatever you choose.
Deicide is the act of killing a god, so that's a pretty ambitious goal you've got there

(nah for real, if you like MH you're already in a better stead; the people that succeed in their degrees are the ones that know why they're doing it, and love what they do. If that sounds like you, go for it! Also I don't know much about Adult Nursing but I'd assume some modules will cross over so you might still get to do some of them or take them as options :yep: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending