The Student Room Group

Robert Gordon University (Aberdeen) or Glasgow Caledonia University?

The title sums up my dilemma: which one should I choose?

I'm an Italian girl who was lucky enough to be given an offer from both universities to study Social Work.
I looked on different websites for reviews, I personally went to the universities' interviews and had campus tours, I received so many suggestions from friends (both Italian and International) and relatives (compatriot, as well as my host family's, since I'm currently an au-pair in Wales). However, I can't make up my mind for I gathered too much information that, at the end, confused me.
You're my last hope!!

What I'm interested in knowing would be your personal experiences as students (uni facilities, campus, accommodation, courses and lecturers and so forth) as well as young people that want to fully enjoy their new life (the city itself, night-life, what you can do in your spare- should I be given- time and the like). Because even if I'm a diligent student, I am young and I want to meet new people, have fun and make these four years one of my greatest experiences!

Oh, and would you be able to give me some information about both universities prestigiousness and job prospects? Coming from a foreign country and after hearing Brexit news, I wouldn't like to also hinder my job career by choosing a university that is slightly frowned upon (even if they are both not top-notch...)

Thank you very much for your availability and kindness!!!

Quick Reply

Latest