This discussion is closed.
vavavooming
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm doing young enterprise this year and cannot think of any product ideas. Any suggestions???
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We ran a valentines day delivery service which anonymously (or not) delivered teddies, chocolates, roses and cards to who ever you wanted. It worked quite well. You could do something like that maybe also do it at christmas?
Foobso
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
We ran a valentines day delivery service which anonymously (or not) delivered teddies, chocolates, roses and cards to who ever you wanted. It worked quite well. You could do something like that maybe also do it at christmas?
We did that!

We also sold personalised mugs, as our school had bought a printing machine thingy.
Rainygal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
a group at our school customised pens and cushions - they did really well and their pens became the new in thing at our school.
Another group did t shirts but because they were expensive, they didn't do as well
busystudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We did customised tshirts - you can buy the transfers on amazon - search for 'HP IRON on TRANSFERS'

I remember at the fare thingy another group sold themed sweets, while another group sold canvases and candles
Yezi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My group did personalised mugs as well. We had those special paints and painted on the designs people asked us to paint on.
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We made jewellery (I go to an all girls school) and it was a big success especially round christmas..some of the stuff was really nice too and it was all made from beads and different bits and pieces from craft shops..
Sync
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Beer delivery service. Like Domino's Pizza, but for beer. Just think about how great it would be if you could pick up the phone and order a 24 pack and get it delivered to your door in 30 minutes.
JW
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We published a healthy cookbook aimed at young people with recipes donated by celebrity chefs, and made a £3000ish profit.

We lost out in the County Finals to a team who sold hoodies (a product that we also sold prior to publishing our cookbook).

Bitter? Me?
Sandhu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We made beanbags. We made about £200 profit..:rofl:
busystudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We found the communication with Young Enterprise HQ to be poor. We noticed the judges seem to pick 'private' schools etc in the competitions as a 'pride thing'

We entered the website competition ran by Young Enteprise and Cisco and really thought we had a chance to win, they didn't even announce the winner! - even when we emailed them, they refused to tell us!
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We made bracelets out of safety pins (sounds wierd but looked really good) and clocks out of cds and records. We also did discos for the year 7s and sold sweets at them.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We imported those flashing mobile phone keyring things from china.. that was about a year before they became available all over the place. came second in our region we also made hoodies and a photo CD of a big school trip to Italy.
annsmith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Rainygal)
a group at our school customised pens and cushions - they did really well and their pens became the new in thing at our school.
Another group did t shirts but because they were expensive, they didn't do as well
You can do t-shirts cheaply though. My friend was doing it. She'd alter a photo on Photoshop, print it on her color printer onto transfer paper, and iron it on. She took orders and this way she didn't have to buy lots of t-shirts in different sizes and hope she'd sell them all.
JW
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by busystudent)
We found the communication with Young Enterprise HQ to be poor. We noticed the judges seem to pick 'private' schools etc in the competitions as a 'pride thing'
Completely the opposite for us. My school produced the two best companies in the county by far, and yet there was a state-school bias so as not to upset the image of YE as fair and equal etc. The whole thing is a political farce (in Surrey atleast).
vector
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We bought stuff from a wholesaler and sold it again. We didn't make any money, but I ended up with hundreds of free bouncy balls and glow sticks which was pretty cool
Cortez
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Stupid question but what is it, how do you get involved etc? Is it something you do whilst at school?
vector
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yep.

http://www.young-enterprise.org.uk/pub/
Cortez
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmm none of my schools ever did it in that case. Sounds quite fun though. What happens to the profit, I'm guessing you don't get to keep that? :p:
vector
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think you do actually. There was like 40% you had to pay to YE though :mad:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (2)
22.22%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (4)
44.44%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (3)
33.33%

Watched Threads