The Student Room Group

Just Failed 4th Driving Test :)

Don't even know where to start...

1st - Was super nervous. Thought my set of lights turn't green started creeping then stopped quickly! (A lot of people make this mistake) Assuming he failed me there and then I drove the rest of the test relaxed. I actually ended up failing for not looking left at a roundabout. I was fixated on giving way to the right.

2nd - Started joining a train of cars waiting to turn right at a junction. (Only 3 cars will ever get through I was like the 5th) lights turn't red and I was half way in the road. Cars then started coming from my right.

3rd - (Driving instructor had another student at the same time so I had to learn a hour before in a new car) Ended up failing for driving too close to parked cars. I was on a back road which is narrow anyway doing less than 20. Examiner put his hands on the wheel very theatrical and explained how he wanted to pass me. I guess he passed too many people that day.

4th - (Got a new driving instructor as my old one was airing all my messages) As soon as I exited the test center I moved over to let a van pass and clipped a wing mirror.

This is starting to get reallllllll expensive. But I need to pass asap to get it out the way. Don't even care if I get a car or not.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Best advice i can give is just treat it as a normal lesson, relax and just drive normally. That's all there is too it. Everyone says how much they panic about the test but i thought it was a doddle & passed first time with 2 minors.

Just relax, be yourself & drive how you normally would on a lesson & you will be fine.
Original post by Joe_Cool
Don't even know where to start...

1st - Was super nervous. Thought my set of lights turn't green started creeping then stopped quickly! Assuming he failed me there and then I drove the rest of the test relaxed. I actually ended up failing for not looking left at a roundabout. I was fixated on giving way to the right.

2nd - Started joining a train of cars waiting to turn right at a junction. (Only 3 cars will ever get through I was like the 5th) lights turn't red and I was half way in the road. Cars then started coming from my right.

3rd - (Driving instructor had another student at the same time so I had to learn a hour before in a new car) Ended up failing for driving too close to parked cars. I was on a back road which is narrow anyway doing less than 20. Examiner put his hands on the wheel very theatrically and explained how he wanted to pass me. I guess he passed too many people that day.

4th - (Got a new driving instructor as my old one was airing all my messages) As soon as I exited the test center i moved over to let a van pass and clipped a wing mirror.

This is starting to get reallllllll expensive. But I need to pass asap to get it out the way. Don't even care if I get a car or not.

Right i passed first time because i practiced DAY AND NIGHT because i WAS NOT a good driver. If i had only used practice during my lessons i would never have passed.

You just have to relax

be extra vigilant looking EVERYWHERE checking your mirrors all the time

Use common sense don't try and get everywhere quickly don't try and get through an amber light dont try and squeeze onto crossings because chances are as you did you will get stuck

They have failed you for good enough reasons tbh , A LOT of people pass due to chance but are terrible drivers. All the preparation and tests will make you into a better driver.

Take time before you next test don't just rush into booking another one you obviously have things to work on

FINALLY YOU WILL PASS ! HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF ! <3
Reply 3
Original post by im.a.witch
Right i passed first time because i practiced DAY AND NIGHT because i WAS NOT a good driver. If i had only used practice during my lessons i would never have passed.

You just have to relax

be extra vigilant looking EVERYWHERE checking your mirrors all the time

Use common sense don't try and get everywhere quickly don't try and get through an amber light dont try and squeeze onto crossings because chances are as you did you will get stuck

They have failed you for good enough reasons tbh , A LOT of people pass due to chance but are terrible drivers. All the preparation and tests will make you into a better driver.

Take time before you next test don't just rush into booking another one you obviously have things to work on

FINALLY YOU WILL PASS ! HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF ! <3

Here's the thing my instructor and examiners have said to me you're there you can drive. I've fixed up on my need to rush everywhere and slowed right down taking my time (everywhere is 20mph anyway lol), took my time, looked well ahead ect. I guess I was over confident this time. 5th time is looking positive. Thanks for your feedback x
Reply 4
Original post by wileman1991
Best advice i can give is just treat it as a normal lesson, relax and just drive normally. That's all there is too it. Everyone says how much they panic about the test but i thought it was a doddle & passed first time with 2 minors.

Just relax, be yourself & drive how you normally would on a lesson & you will be fine.

Yeahh I just need to relaxxxxx. On each test I've incurred less than 6 minors. And When I do pass it'll be more relief than excitement. Thanks for the advice :biggrin:
Yeahh I just need to relaxxxxx. On each test I've incurred less than 6 minors. And When I do pass it'll be more relief than excitement. Thanks for the advice :biggrin:

No worries, you got another test booked?
Reply 6
Original post by wileman1991
No worries, you got another test booked?

Yep, booked one straight after and also paid to get an early cancellation date.
Yep, booked one straight after and also paid to get an early cancellation date.

You shouldn't pay for that, you can get an app i believe that does that for you for a couple of quid
I failed my first test last week so I probably don't feel quite the same as you but I have this feeling that It's gonna take me forever to pass! Not because I'm a bad driver but moreso because of nerves and messing up on silly things. It's the same with you too - things that don't happen in lessons end up being a nightmare on a test XD. All I can say (and which is what I'll say to myself if I fail again) is to keep going and persevere!
Reply 9
Original post by MissDetermined
I failed my first test last week so I probably don't feel quite the same as you but I have this feeling that It's gonna take me forever to pass! Not because I'm a bad driver but moreso because of nerves and messing up on silly things. It's the same with you too - things that don't happen in lessons end up being a nightmare on a test XD. All I can say (and which is what I'll say to myself if I fail again) is to keep going and persevere!

Really does knock confidence when you know you're capable of driving. Yeah I had never knocked something before so i was real shocked lool. Yes Perseverance! You'll pass 2nd time and ill pass 5th LOOOL
Reply 10
Just wanted to say I passed yesterday! With 1 minor! Still doesn't feel real. Now I can be a Uber driver to friends and family LOL.
Reply 11
Just wanted to say I passed yesterday! With 1 minor! Still doesn't feel real. Now I can be a Uber driver to friends and family LOL.

Well done! The feeling when you pass is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
dw.Relax and try again
After all number 5 might be ur lucky number.
Original post by tamil fever
dw.Relax and try again
After all number 5 might be ur lucky number.

OP has said he's passed lol, 5th was their lucky time :wink:
(edited 6 years ago)

Congratulations! :biggrin: Take it easy on the roads :wink:

Original post by rsd0
Well done! The feeling when you pass is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't agree more! Remember when I passed my test, an unforgettable day!
Original post by RoyalSheepy
OP has said he's passed lol, 5th was their lucky time :wink:

lol.thx.am amazing....joking
lol.thx.am amazing....joking

Haha, you knew it before you read it :rofl:
Haha, you knew it before you read it :rofl:

i know:biggrin:I just had a feeling.Btw I never read the OP's post ever.I just read the title and I was like okay defo 5th then.
i know:biggrin:I just had a feeling.Btw I never read the OP's post ever.I just read the title and I was like okay defo 5th then.

Ahaha, you must've read the future.

... or the past :wink:
Ahaha, you must've read the future.

... or the past :wink:

are u accusing me right now?should i give u my brain so u can check am not lying?

i found a talent at last!
I might not be good at maths but now am good at guessing futures:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest