The Student Room Group

Joining the London Ambulance Service

Scroll to see replies

Hey does anyone know of sites that you can use to brush up on maths at all please?
Reply 81
Original post by kymberley22
Omg really arrrr thank you anyways good luck x

Did you find out yet Kymberly?
Original post by Jhughes87
Hey does anyone know of sites that you can use to brush up on maths at all please?

I think it depends on the level you want. I used purplemath and the bbc gcse and key stage levels bitesize when I wanted to tutor my son, you can find past papers and mark schemes for the various gcse and a level boards and there are several nursing related sites with meds calculators practice tests etc, I’m sure others targeted for different professions too.
For you guys who are itching to get your interview notification,... if you check the progress on trac jobs it tells you a while before they contact you. Mine was pretty much next day if I remember. Good luck
Original post by Nivvy
Did you find out yet Kymberly?

No still waiting are this is driving me up the wall I want to know now.
Reply 85
Original post by Jhughes87

If you read the part of the email where it says what the assessment day entails, it’ll say in the middle of it all exactly what part of the Highway Code you need to look at, what topics of maths you need to go over and the types of map reading you’ll be doing.
I missed it the first assessment but I read the email properly the second time and it’s not entirely helpful but it’s more helpful that not knowing what to do at all.
No still waiting are this is driving me up the wall I want to know now.

Don’t think we will find out today
I checked my application but the status hadn't changed.
I tried calling them but no answer
I hope you get it.
Fingers cross
X
Reply 89
Don’t think we will find out today

What date was your assessment?
Original post by Freda Ahmed
I checked my application but the status hadn't changed.
I tried calling them but no answer

I checked my old email and I had my assessment on 20 November and was informed on 21st, but they had already told us there was an interview date on 25th, so they may have been rushing to confirm the candidates for that date. They informed me of the successful interview on 29th, which was 3 working days later.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Petenoble
I checked my old email and I had my assessment on 20 November and was informed on 21st, but they had already told us there was an interview date on 25th, so they may have been rushing to confirm the candidates for that date. They informed me of the successful interview on 29th, which was 3 working days later.
still don’t see why we are waiting it’s annoying
still don’t see why we are waiting it’s annoying

Once you get the provisional offer, you have references, at least.one health questionnaire,, driving assessment if your c1 is not recent, self certification for any breaks in history, etc etc etc. This bit will seem like nothing by the time you’ve filled in your 20th form, lol.
Did they give you possible interview dates at the assessment btw? Mine did and they asked if we were available that date, and also which course we would have as first choice.
Reply 93
Once you get the provisional offer, you have references, at least.one health questionnaire,, driving assessment if your c1 is not recent, self certification for any breaks in history, etc etc etc. This bit will seem like nothing by the time you’ve filled in your 20th form, lol.
Did they give you possible interview dates at the assessment btw? Mine did and they asked if we were available that date, and also which course we would have as first choice.

Did your assessment and interview all happen in the same month?

Are you in training now then?
They said to us we would find out if we passed on the Wednesday just gone and the assessment was 6 days ago. And we are still waiting for results. And if we go interview it would be the 21st this month ,or may?
Reply 95
They said to us we would find out if we passed on the Wednesday just gone and the assessment was 6 days ago. And we are still waiting for results. And if we go interview it would be the 21st this month ,or may?

I did my assessment on a Friday too and the lady said we’d hear back by the following Tuesday and I got the email on Monday. Have you tried calling up for information?
Original post by Nivvy
I did my assessment on a Friday too and the lady said we’d hear back by the following Tuesday and I got the email on Monday. Have you tried calling up for information?

No not yet I’ll give it a day then I will but hopefully find out soon.
Original post by Nivvy
Did your assessment and interview all happen in the same month?

Are you in training now then?

Yes they were both within a week or so. And not started yet, hopefully start in May.
I missed the course I wanted because my former manager gave a reference listing all of my sickness days and reasons, and that didn’t match my health form, so I had to redo it a few times which got very complicated due to family stuff at the same time. I learned that I should keep my own copy of those kind of records, not depending on my employee file as I had done before, and also that I should be more proactive in chasing the references and keep an eye on what they are intending to say.
I would imagine you will hear from them today or so, they are probably just running late. They do the recruiting in massive numbers compared to anything I’ve been involved in before. They call from a withheld number, and they email as well. The information was generally on trac jobs beforehand at each stage.
Reply 99
Yes they were both within a week or so. And not started yet, hopefully start in May.
I missed the course I wanted because my former manager gave a reference listing all of my sickness days and reasons, and that didn’t match my health form, so I had to redo it a few times which got very complicated due to family stuff at the same time. I learned that I should keep my own copy of those kind of records, not depending on my employee file as I had done before, and also that I should be more proactive in chasing the references and keep an eye on what they are intending to say.

Where did you do your c1 course? I’ve no idea where to go and I don’t wanna be waiting ages to finish it and get onto a course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending