Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    when i got my results for GCSEs last year and AS's in Jan this year they came without an envelope... is this normal? i felt almost cheated, like someone from my school had read the results before me.

i was looking forward to the whole "opening of the envelope" on GCSE results day, but it never actually happened.

maybe i'm looking too much into it, but i just wanted 2 know if anyone else gets their results without the envelope?

thanks in advance

Super_Woman

(Original post by Super_Woman)
    when i got my results for GCSEs last year and AS's in Jan this year they came without an envelope... is this normal? i felt almost cheated, like someone from my school had read the results before me.

i was looking forward to the whole "opening of the envelope" on GCSE results day, but it never actually happened.

maybe i'm looking too much into it, but i just wanted 2 know if anyone else gets their results without the envelope?

thanks in advance

Super_Woman
    regardless of the envelopes teachers usually see your results before you. so someone from school would have read them befor e you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    can a mod please delete this thread as i double posted by mistake..

thanks

ReputationRep:
    got my gcse results in an envelope, along with a litte letter from the headteacher saying well done blah blah you will need 6 gcses to come back to our 6th form etc

AS weren't in an envelope though, mainly because most people only had one or 2 sheets. at gcse everyone had at least 2, because english and maths were on different boards

january results really aren't worth puttin in an envelope either, because they aren't always as important as the june exams

Does it matter that much? Go and buy an envelope, put the results in it and then open it for that nice feeling that you apparently get.

ReputationRep:
    Mine were for GCSE but the teachers had obviously read it beforehand as they had to put additional letters and information inside. For January AS modules i just got 2 sheets of paper stapled together from the 2 exam boards i sat exams for. I guess it seems more 'official' in an envelope but it doesn't matter that much does it - the teachers can still look at your grades if they want to.

(Original post by Ramaya)
    Mine were for GCSE but the teachers had obviously read it beforehand as they had to put additional letters and information inside. For January AS modules i just got 2 sheets of paper stapled together from the 2 exam boards i sat exams for. I guess it seems more 'official' in an envelope but it doesn't matter that much does it - the teachers can still look at your grades if they want to.
    i dont mind them looking at my results its just like say at maths GCSE i really struggled with it and I was initially predicted a C, and when I got an A* i was over the moon and i ran up to my maths teacher to thank her and be like wow look i did it... and she was just like yeah i already know

if that makes sense

id like to be able to surprise them if i did better than i thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i dont mind them looking at my results its just like say at maths GCSE i really struggled with it and I was initially predicted a C, and when I got an A* i was over the moon and i ran up to my maths teacher to thank her and be like wow look i did it... and she was just like yeah i already know

if that makes sense

id like to be able to surprise them if i did better than i thought
    Yep, but they always seem to find out, i think they get it in the register. Its nice to be the first to know though!

ReputationRep:
    Schools get results zapped to them using computers. I think teachers put the results in envelopes to give them out, and so maybe they just didn't bother.

ReputationRep:
    all our results get put up on a board for everyone to see, you should consider yourself lucky that you even get your results on a piece of paper!

Its not nice cause when you're walking into school, people are passing you saying that you failed etc which doesn't boost your confidence!

ReputationRep:
    I have never got results in an envelope I wish I could

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I have never got results in an envelope I wish I could
    ditto

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.