Depression and revision Watch

thepatheticgeek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, sorry if this sounds stupid. It's just that I know that I need to revise more, but my depression means that I don't have the motivation to do anything. I don't even know how to explain it, so sorry if this reads weird. I hate myself every time I put off my revision, even though I know that I should do it, but I just... Can't? That's not the word for it, but I can't find one. Anyway, has anyone got any advice? Thank you in advance for your help and for listening to me just complain about randomness
Asha_19
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by thepatheticgeek)
Hi, sorry if this sounds stupid. It's just that I know that I need to revise more, but my depression means that I don't have the motivation to do anything. I don't even know how to explain it, so sorry if this reads weird. I hate myself every time I put off my revision, even though I know that I should do it, but I just... Can't? That's not the word for it, but I can't find one. Anyway, has anyone got any advice? Thank you in advance for your help and for listening to me just complain about randomness
It's not being stupid. That is correct you need to revise more but what techniques do you whilst revising? and what type of learner are you? Auditory? Kinesthetic or Visual?

Have snacks with you and keep taking breaks, use colour for revision, sticky notes and have some light music on in the background (not music thats going to distract you).

I suffer from depression myself but you don't always want to tell yourself that your depressed get your mind in focus, remove all distractions i.e. social media, T.V etc.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Have you been diagnosed and being treated for depression? Go and see your GP.
You need to make a pact with yourself and agree to try your best between now and the exams on the basis you can relax after.

Not many people like revision. make yourself a plan, get organised, then break it down into little units so everything seems more manageable. You should start later today though.
HopelessMedic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Firstly, speak to your GP if you haven't already about your depression. Nothing is more important than your mental health.

Start off doing small amounts of revision ( the pomodoro technique would be a good start) and build on that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.5%
No (269)
33.5%

Watched Threads