The Student Room Group

Help for learning A-level maths!!

So I'm in Year 12 and I didn't pick A-level maths at the start of the year due to certain circumstances, but I'm taking the AS exam this year, so I need to learn C1, C2 and S1 for the Summer exams this year, in a very short amount of time. I'm already quite good at maths as I got an A* in GCSE and I'm able to pick things up quite quickly.
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any tips for me, in regards to how I can revise efficiently so that I can learn all the stuff that I need to in time.

Thanks in advance!! :biggrin:
mathsandphysicstutor is great for practise exam style Qs per topic
Past papers tbh
Reply 3
Examsolutions make good videos which can teach u all u need to know. Then do loads of questions
Original post by winwin2000
So I'm in Year 12 and I didn't pick A-level maths at the start of the year due to certain circumstances, but I'm taking the AS exam this year, so I need to learn C1, C2 and S1 for the Summer exams this year, in a very short amount of time. I'm already quite good at maths as I got an A* in GCSE and I'm able to pick things up quite quickly.
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any tips for me, in regards to how I can revise efficiently so that I can learn all the stuff that I need to in time.

Thanks in advance!! :biggrin:

Your goal is an exceptionally challenging one and most people would struggle to succeed.
The www.examsolutions.net web site has great explanations of all of the key concepts that you need to learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm also doing As this year but pure maths and mechanics maths instead of statistics, I think the best thing to do is practice, practice and practice and also exam papers. I noticed a lot of improvements in my tests where I got near 90 percent or over 90 percent, and to be honest, it was a slow start for me because in GCSE I did no revision in maths and still got B somehow. I've pushed myself a lot this year so I also hope to get A in this exam and good luck for you too! And btw statistics is boring mechanics principles is way fun and harder in my view.

Quick Reply

Latest