Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just remember what really counts... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    With all due respect, if you didn't do your best you can't really complain or be upset with your results, you deserve it; it'll just teach you to try harder in the future at uni or work, whatever you decide to do.
    That's exactly what makes it worse...

(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    That's exactly what makes it worse...
    Should have worked then, shouldnt you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Should have worked then, shouldnt you!
    True, true

(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    True, true
    I'm so sorry about that, I'm so mean as TML. Swing is nice though. *Pats back*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I'm so sorry about that, I'm so mean as TML. Swing is nice though. *Pats back*
    schitzo :eek:

(Original post by kikzen)
    schitzo :eek:
    LOL! Indeed. I was having a multiple personality disorder yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I understand that not receiving the grade you want will always feel terrible and maybe even more so if you thought you put your all in the exams at first , but then you have to consider that if you know you couldn't have done any better then you should just accept whatever grade you received and be happy

When I say 'as long as you tried your best that's all that matters' I don't say it in a simplistic, young child approach.

I say it in terms of potential.

To all of those who did give their all in their exams but did not achieve the grade they think they deserved - you put all of your effort into that exam right? You think you worked harder than everyone else? You should be proud of yourself.

It's like two men building a house in one month starting off with the same materials.

If one man makes a gigantic house with 8 bedrooms and a luxury balcony and knows that he gave his all - that he was bothered to do all the work and worked from dawn 'till dusk everyday, he would be happy.

If another man makes only a small house with just 3 bedrooms and no balcony but also knows that he gave his all and worked from dawn 'till disk, then he would be happy as well.

That's what our performance in exams is all about - if we did the very maximum we were capable of, then we really should be proud of ourselves regardless of what other people achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, looks like another important fact about life goes unlistened

ReputationRep:
    I did better than my best! After flunking (sorta) my GCSE's with:

AAABBBCCCDD

To say the least, I was disappointed especially with the 2 D grades. Mind you I deserved it with a minimal amount of revision.
    Now I have redeemed myself, my first attempt collection of AS's stands at (without resitting any):

AAAAAABBBBE

But now I am going to be resitting that E and hopefully another complete set of A's and B's in my A2's will see me through with what will be a set of results I would only have dreamed of this time last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eye Jay)
    I did better than my best! After flunking (sorta) my GCSE's with:

AAABBBCCCDD

To say the least, I was disappointed especially with the 2 D grades. Mind you I deserved it with a minimal amount of revision.
    Now I have redeemed myself, my first attempt collection of AS's stands at (without resitting any):

AAAAAABBBBE

But now I am going to be resitting that E and hopefully another complete set of A's and B's in my A2's will see me through with what will be a set of results I would only have dreamed of this time last year.
    Almost identical to me. I got AAABBBBCCCC at GCSE and at AS got AAAAAAABBBE and will retake the E and maybe one of the Bs!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.