Will I be able to get an A* overall in GCSE Spanish?

Watch
DreamChaser2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm taking GCSE Spanish this year. I've done my coursework, which is 60 % of the grade. The grades I got were: B1, A1, A3 and an A*3 which averages out to be an A2 overall in coursework.
I think I will be able to do really well in the Reading and Listening papers, so if I get an A* in both papers will I be able to get an A* overall for GCSE Spanish?
DreamChaser2001
Rep:
?
Someone help plssss
username2626967
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Erm I'm also doing the Spanish AQA GCSE in the speaking and writing I got 28/30,29/30,29/30,30/30 well those were the ones that were submitted. I know that you need quite high in the reading and listening as i still need quite high marks to secure an A* in the gcse. I think in listening 33+/40 is full UMS Marks well that's what my teacher said and for the reading I think 40+/45 is full UMS marks. If you tell me ur UMS marks I'll tell you how much u need in the test to secure an A*
DreamChaser2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by mustards12345)
Erm I'm also doing the Spanish AQA GCSE in the speaking and writing I got 28/30,29/30,29/30,30/30 well those were the ones that were submitted. I know that you need quite high in the reading and listening as i still need quite high marks to secure an A* in the gcse. I think in listening 33+/40 is full UMS Marks well that's what my teacher said and for the reading I think 40+/45 is full UMS marks. If you tell me ur UMS marks I'll tell you how much u need in the test to secure an A*
Don't know off the top of my head but I think its around 153 UMS
username2626967
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Erm just check AQA website it tells you how much UMS you need to get an A*
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The marks you have been given for your controlled assessment are only your school's best guess. The school marks the speaking but it is still subject to exam board moderation and may well change. The writing is only marked by the school to decide which attempts to submit. The exam board mark is the mark that goes forward to your final grade and can be quite different to your teacher's best estimate. In short, your current estimate of what you have so far could be 20% out so it is not worth worrying too much. Just work your hardest for the exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (68)
14.81%
I'm not sure (16)
3.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (154)
33.55%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.74%
I'm not a current university student (213)
46.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed