The Student Room Group

Tesco Part Time

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spumid
Hello.

Hope you're well. I thought I would give you an update.

I still haven't heard anything even though I was positive they would give me an email this week.

I don't want to call a second time in case I come off as desperate.

Hey I'm well thank you,

Oh damn why are they taking so long!! Let me tell you something if they don't email you this week then you ring again the following week and ask them about the progress. How are you anyways?
Reply 21
Original post by Asha_19
Hey I'm well thank you,

Oh damn why are they taking so long!! Let me tell you something if they don't email you this week then you ring again the following week and ask them about the progress. How are you anyways?

Hello, and yeah I don't know why they're taking so long. I'm starting to worry. And I may do that, you don't think I'd come off as desperate if I did that? And I'm good, I have exams so that's annoying. 😭

How about you? Have you been well?~
Original post by spumid
Hello, and yeah I don't know why they're taking so long. I'm starting to worry. And I may do that, you don't think I'd come off as desperate if I did that? And I'm good, I have exams so that's annoying. 😭

How about you? Have you been well?~

Hey, don't worry please. Was the job an immediate start? And no way you will not come off as desperate! I know that feeling.

I'm just tired and yes I've been well thank you and yourself?
Reply 23
Original post by Asha_19
Hey, don't worry please. Was the job an immediate start? And no way you will not come off as desperate! I know that feeling.

I'm just tired and yes I've been well thank you and yourself?

I don't think it was an immediate start, they just said they'd email regardless of the outcome so I'm getting super nervous.

And oh I know the feeling. But I've been alright, I finally submitted my student finance so that's a plus.
Original post by spumid
I don't think it was an immediate start, they just said they'd email regardless of the outcome so I'm getting super nervous.

And oh I know the feeling. But I've been alright, I finally submitted my student finance so that's a plus.

Aaah right okays. Hopefully it should be a good outcome.

That's good to hear and I've still got to do mine!!
Reply 25
Original post by Asha_19
Aaah right okays. Hopefully it should be a good outcome.

That's good to hear and I've still got to do mine!!

Me too, I just didn't expect for it to take this long.

And ohh, you still got until the end of May so plenty of time! :smile:
Original post by spumid
Me too, I just didn't expect for it to take this long.

And ohh, you still got until the end of May so plenty of time! :smile:

I understand the feeling it really depends how long the organisation takes to recruit.

That's fine then there is no rush.
Similar thing happened to me lsat year awaiting results from a Waitrose interview I attended. I was told they would reply in a few days...which turned into a few weeks. Call up Tesco head office and explain the situation. Let them know you've been waiting for more than 4 weeks for a response, and what they'll do is call up the store and ask for an update on your behalf. In my case there were a few of us waiting so it was easy to keep my name anonymous (didn't want to be the only one badgering for a response). Luckily some of the other candidates also called up the head office too and it turned out that the recruitment team had literally forgotten about us....there was some confusion where the partner development officer (or whatever it was called) had gone on holiday and the guy covering him didn't get round to contacting us.

Long story short, I got a call one afternoon from head office and they told me to choose a store of my choice and I started the following week :smile:

P.S I was sacked 8 months later...but thats another story :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Ilkay.Gündoğan
Similar thing happened to me lsat year awaiting results from a Waitrose interview I attended. I was told they would reply in a few days...which turned into a few weeks. Call up Tesco head office and explain the situation. Let them know you've been waiting for more than 4 weeks for a response, and what they'll do is call up the store and ask for an update on your behalf. In my case there were a few of us waiting so it was easy to keep my name anonymous (didn't want to be the only one badgering for a response). Luckily some of the other candidates also called up the head office too and it turned out that the recruitment team had literally forgotten about us....there was some confusion where the partner development officer (or whatever it was called) had gone on holiday and the guy covering him didn't get round to contacting us.

Long story short, I got a call one afternoon from head office and they told me to choose a store of my choice and I started the following week :smile:

P.S I was sacked 8 months later...but thats another story :smile:

Thank you for getting back to me! I'll definitely give them a call tomorrow and see what is going on. I actually called nearly two weeks after the interview, and was told by one of the ladies who did my interview that they'd get back to me by the end of last week but that has already past.

I found the head office number so I'll try and see what's going on.

Thank you for replying! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Asha_19
I understand the feeling it really depends how long the organisation takes to recruit.

That's fine then there is no rush.

I emailed Tesco recruitment and they said they would get back to me shortly. Fingers crossed. x
Original post by spumid
I emailed Tesco recruitment and they said they would get back to me shortly. Fingers crossed. x

I'm so nervous for you darling! Good luck :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Asha_19
I'm so nervous for you darling! Good luck :smile:

I'm nervous too ahaha. Thanks! I don't know how long "shortly" is though so we shall see. :smile:
Original post by spumid
I'm nervous too ahaha. Thanks! I don't know how long "shortly" is though so we shall see. :smile:

Whatever the outcome just remain positive :smile:
Original post by spumid
Hello,

On Saturday, I had my interview at Tesco. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for them to get back to you to see if you got the job or not?

Thanks a lot. :smile:

I had my interview at Tesco in November 2016 , got a call a few days later to come for the induction so yeah , they should give you a ring :yep:
Reply 34
Original post by Lychee627
I had my interview at Tesco in November 2016 , got a call a few days later to come for the induction so yeah , they should give you a ring :yep:

Thank you. :smile:

I had to email the actual recruitment office because it's been nearly a month with no response.

How are you finding the job?~
Reply 35
Original post by Asha_19
Whatever the outcome just remain positive :smile:

I'll try ~
Original post by spumid

I had to email the actual recruitment office because it's been nearly a month with no response.

It was temp and not permanent but they did offer me a Job offer but I have A level exams coming up so I said no , plus I was doing night shifts :yep: I earned 2k within 6 weeks so it wasnt even bad :lol:
Reply 37
Original post by Lychee627
It was temp and not permanent but they did offer me a Job offer but I have A level exams coming up so I said no , plus I was doing night shifts :yep: I earned 2k within 6 weeks so it wasnt even bad :lol:

Oh I can relate. I had a job at primark back in sixth form, and they wouldn't reduce my hours so I quit. And damn, check you out. 😂
Reply 38
Original post by spumid

Sorry to say this but you are being pied off.

You seem a bit naive to the world of work, but that's ok, maybe you are young.

If an employer wants you they will generally get back to you quickly.

many years ago I had an interview for tesco for an xmas job and the woman was basically on the verge of offering me the position right there and then until I told her I had college and my mum wouldn't let me take time off [it would of clashed with tesco's working hours] ...she then said, "sorry I am not in a position to offer you the job then"

but it really did seem like she was about to offer it there an then.

every other job has been waiting time of 1 to 2 weeks max time.

If an employer wants you, they'll GET BACK TO YOU. If they don't they'll be evasive and tell you they'll call and then usually they don't 8 times out of 10. No one wants to ring someone up and tell them they haven't got a position, it's not something people look forward too, they'd rather just brush it under the carpet and only ring up the guy who gets the job.

If it's been a month now, and they told you two weeks, then i'm sorry ...you haven't got the position mate.

Given the signs, i'd be really surprised tomorrow if they tell you you've got it
Reply 39
Original post by ANM775
Sorry to say this but you are being pied off.

You seem a bit naive to the world of work, but that's ok, maybe you are young.

If an employer wants you they will generally get back to you quickly.

many years ago I had an interview for tesco for an xmas job and the woman was basically on the verge of offering me the position right there and then until I told her I had college and my mum wouldn't let me take time off [it would of clashed with tesco's working hours] ...she then said, "sorry I am not in a position to offer you the job then"

but it really did seem like she was about to offer it there an then.

every other job has been waiting time of 1 to 2 weeks max time.

If an employer wants you, they'll GET BACK TO YOU. If they don't they'll be evasive and tell you they'll call and then usually they don't 8 times out of 10. No one wants to ring someone up and tell them they haven't got a position, it's not something people look forward too, they'd rather just brush it under the carpet and only ring up the guy who gets the job.

If it's been a month now, and they told you two weeks, then i'm sorry ...you haven't got the position mate.

Given the signs, i'd be really surprised tomorrow if they tell you you've got it

Yeah I've started to give up on Tesco Tbh.

I rang one of the ladies who did my interview and she said "we'll get back in two weeks".

I'll see what they say in the email but I've lost hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending