Why are people so proud of their ethnic country? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Somepersonhere
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why are people so proud of their ethnic background country?
Tell me why people are so proud of their own culture etc.
I don't feel connected to mine really as in my opinion they have never done anything for me? Cause I feel better with the western culture.

I have visited my ''home'' country , but when I did I felt like a foreigner :/
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Brainwashing by parents
BlindingLight
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Need something to cling on to in a futile attempt to fill that never ending void in their hearts
overton window
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emerald7770)
This is going to sound so offensive but if you're not coloured, you have less things to be proud of about your culture. Js.
Looooooool, I am not even white but this is absolutely ridiculous.
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's biological
SinsNotTragedies
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm proud of being Somali tbh because I love the banter! And I love everything about my culture. I mean I don't go screaming it. It's not that deep. This is going to sound so offensive but if you're not coloured, you have less things to be proud of about your culture. Js.
What :confused: do you mean non-black? :confused: That's wrong
||TheUnknown||
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Somepersonhere)
Why are people so proud of their ethnic background country?
Tell me why people are so proud of their own culture etc.
I don't feel connected to mine really as in my opinion they have never done anything for me? Cause I feel better with the western culture.

I have visited my ''home'' country , but when I did I felt like a foreigner :/
It doesn't hurt to be aware of or well informed on the place that your family originates from.
Somepersonhere
Rep:
?
Cause If I have to draw the flag of the country i'm the proudest about, its the country I grew up in and not the country my parents came from.
Somepersonhere
Rep:
?
I mean someone who's only English and that's it. Coloured as in black Arab Asian Hispanic. Is it still wrong lol
You're saying white people can't be proud?
Don't they invent things like your nice smart phone?
Or the music you listen too?
SinsNotTragedies
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I mean someone who's only English and that's it. Coloured as in black Arab Asian Hispanic. Is it still wrong lol
Yes it is still wrong, white people have a lot to be proud of. How can Somalis, for example, have more things to be proud of than the English? Genuine question - provide examples.

It is silly to compare like that anyway, white people have things to be proud of, so do Somalis - that is it. Let the English be proud on their own terms.
overton window
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, that's not what I'm saying. Ugh. I'd rather not even join in with these sort of questions cause then you all presume the wrong stuff. Nvm I'm out
Don't just back away from your retarded statement. If you love "everything" about your culture why aren't you living in Somalia?
h333
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is a part of me. I love the food, clothes and I appreciate that it highly values hospitality.
Parametric
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm proud of being English. I was lucky enough to have two sides of my great grandparents still alive until very recently, and to listen to their stories of what life was like; working in the coal mines for over 10 hours a day, how their parents lived through ww1, and themselves through ww2, living on rations, even the 'old fashioned' holidays to the beach.
It makes me realise just how hard people have worked in this country for it to be what it is now, which is a shame because some people don't ever get the chance to be told by their families, and some people who have moved to the UK don't see/appreciate it.
daydreamer4life
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm proud of being Somali tbh because I love the banter! And I love everything about my culture. I mean I don't go screaming it. It's not that deep. This is going to sound so offensive but if you're not coloured, you have less things to be proud of about your culture. Js.
Yes, it is offensive. Obviously you've never heard of slavic, and balkan culture. It's rude to say stuff you know nothing about.
Sincerely, a "non-coloured person" who loves their culture
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If ppl want to be proud of something, let them, it doesnt offend/affect you...
.Iqra.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not
I hate going to Pakistan
Every Pakistani I meet is like "it's beautiful"
So what I don't give a damn about how beautiful it is when there's poverty, illiteracy, corrupt government, terrorism...
I hate the people there especially men who eye you up and down like perverts and sometimes try to touch you
The culture is f*cked up like my cousin is unable to get married because the guys' family want a truck full of furniture and other stuff (jahez) and her family can't afford it, her father is dead and her mum is disabled
I'm never going there
NEVER
Jose Enrique
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by iqra2159)
I'm not
I hate going to Pakistan
Every Pakistani I meet is like "it's beautiful"
So what I don't give a damn about how beautiful it is when there's poverty, illiteracy, corrupt government, terrorism...
I hate the people there especially men who eye you up and down like perverts and sometimes try to touch you
The culture is f*cked up like my cousin is unable to get married because the guys' family want a truck full of furniture and other stuff (jahez) and her family can't afford it, her father is dead and her mum is disabled
I'm never going there
NEVER
Oh my diddy!:shock:

No offense but Pakistan sounds like a hell hole.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Somepersonhere)
You're saying white people can't be proud?
Don't they invent things like your nice smart phone?
Or the music you listen too?
You see some white people did a bit of slavery in the 1700s, and some racism thereafter. Therefore white people cant be proud of anything because it’s white supremacy.

(I’m taking the P a bit, not my views)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads