Healthcare Assistant Numeracy and literacy tests + interview Watch

Drkdrama
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,

So, I received an email from imperial college trust for HCA job and they mention that they will test me on numeracy level 1 and literacy level 2. I am quite nervous because the email wasn't clear enough as they mentioned that the successful candidate should will move forward to the interview process however they also mention that the the candidates will be called for the interview on another date. Now, in my email they specifically said "interview" etc instead of assessment or tests and I wonder if this means that perhaps they may interview me on the same day as the tests. I don't want to be unprepared for the interview so anyone who has been to a HCA interview/ and did the tests please tell me what may happen at my recruitment day.

PS. Anyone at any of the imperial trust hospitals?

PSS. How can i revise for the tests? I am really desperate to get this HCA job as it's something that I really want to do.

Thank you x
bijalsoni
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hello drkdrama they always says interview but first of all written assesssment with numeracy n literacy n face to face its all part of interview yhats ehy they sats interview dstes n if u success u will be called for face yo face one...hope this helps....
Glassbubble55
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have mathematical discalcular so would I automatically fail to get a job in the nhs ?
patwat55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
i will be going for the healthcare assistant test this week, how long is the test
cass1393
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Glassbubble55)
I have mathematical dyscalculia so would I automatically fail to get a job in the nhs ?
That is correct, with that condition you will not be able to work in the NHS. without being
funny, can you imagine the catastrophes that you could cause not being able to do
maths, talking about potential damage/death of patients. might want to work on your
spelling too, you can't even spell your own condition, I have corrected it for you in the
quote.

litter picker maybe more down your street, so to speak
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (43)
16.6%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (19)
7.34%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
6.56%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (28)
10.81%
Monster Munch (20)
7.72%
Pringles (70)
27.03%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
5.79%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.16%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (44)
16.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise