The Student Room Group
Reply 1
mistry
hey im amit
im new to this forum and was wondering if u could tell me about engineering. Is it a good career choice to choose and how will it benefit me. Also, as it such a vast field which do i choose to benefit me in the future as a life long career

cheers :smile:

Engineering Rocks! :cool:

You can do lots of stuff Engineering or otherwise which is kind of cool. It means Engineers can go and infiltrate other industries but other graduates usually can't enter ours :biggrin:

Engineers Rule! :biggrin:
Reply 2
shiny
Engineering Rocks! :cool:

You can do lots of stuff Engineering or otherwise which is kind of cool. It means Engineers can go and infiltrate other industries but other graduates usually can't enter ours :biggrin:

Engineers Rule! :biggrin:

Like totally man :tongue:

Yeah Like Mr Shiny says engineers can become high paid mangers and enter most fields, but others can't. Go us :biggrin:
yeah, i've heard that engineering pays reallywell too and that once you've got your degree you can do pretty much any job, in finance, in industry, work with other engineers etc.. but i've got 1 question though, is there a type of engineer that's paid better like a chemical engineer or a computer engineer? just wondering.. :smile:
Reply 4
yasminouchka
yeah, i've heard that engineering pays reallywell too and that once you've got your degree you can do pretty much any job, in finance, in industry, work with other engineers etc.. but i've got 1 question though, is there a type of engineer that's paid better like a chemical engineer or a computer engineer? just wondering.. :smile:

Chem Engs are usually paid more but there are fewer jobs around.
Reply 5
shiny
Chem Engs are usually paid more but there are fewer jobs around.

yeah i'd agree with that.

Isn't computer science a little over subscribed though?
Reply 6
Vladek
yeah i'd agree with that. Isn't computer science a little over subscribed though?

yeah, hot competition with the computer scientists! but some employers like to have a few engineers around to make it less geeky :biggrin:
Reply 7
shiny
yeah, hot competition with the computer scientists! but some employers like to have a few engineers around to make it less geeky :biggrin:

Add a bit of class to the company eh :biggrin:

Latest