The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature WJEC EDUQAS 9-1 2017 Exam

to anyone who does this exam board, Does anyone have any predictions on what poem will come up?

Scroll to see replies

London, or ozymandias. They both are very popular.
Reply 2
Original post by Samosa and Vada
London, or ozymandias. They both are very popular.

I really hope so. do you think I can compare both these poems with each other.
Original post by Student879
I really hope so. do you think I can compare both these poems with each other.

Yes, if they ask for how power is presented?
Hmmmmmm I doubt it. I think a war poem is more likely going to come up.
Reply 5
Original post by elamt2001

oh wow, what makes you think that? i really hope it doesnt lol
oh wow, what makes you think that? i really hope it doesnt lol

:biggrin: I know, this was just a mere prediction that my English teacher made. She thinks 'Dulce et decorum est' might possibly come up, as well as war poems. Although I'd strongly advice to just revise all of them to their maximum, rather than work on an assumption.
Reply 7
:biggrin: I know, this was just a mere prediction that my English teacher made. She thinks 'Dulce et decorum est' might possibly come up, as well as war poems. Although I'd strongly advice to just revise all of them to their maximum, rather than work on an assumption.

True. This exam is killing me
I would really like to see a grade 6/7 answer for this exam board for english language and literature,anyone know where i could find one
Reply 9

See we were told that they were the least likely as they were set by the exam board as mocks :/
Original post by Emsyz
See we were told that they were the least likely as they were set by the exam board as mocks :/

What mock paper? I have not seen any mock papers from Eduqas, I thought they were too greedy :biggrin::biggrin: A lot of people have been predicting war and love poems, as they think the exam board will go easy on us, considering the fact it's our first year and they don't want poor grades to reflect negatively on this new syllabus.

Could you please link me to the mock paper please!!!!!
What mock paper? I have not seen any mock papers from Eduqas, I thought they were too greedy :biggrin::biggrin: A lot of people have been predicting war and love poems, as they think the exam board will go easy on us, considering the fact it's our first year and they don't want poor grades to reflect negatively on this new syllabus.

im hoping its not gonna be a love or nature poem tho
Reply 12

Ignore what I said, our school made up our mock because they hadn't taught us to autumn yet. The official mock and specimen is on the eduqas website :smile: the poem was to autumn, so it is likely to be love or war, sorry!
http://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/english-literature/gcse/wjec-eduqas-gcse-english-literature-sams-from-2015.pdf
im hoping its not gonna be a love or nature poem tho

I know me too, I'm hoping it's going to be an environment poem (with the exception of living space, as I loath that poem :s-smilie:)
IKR. Nature and love are such boring poems and I'm really hoping they ask us about London. Fingers crossed 😊
IKR. Nature and love are such boring poems and I'm really hoping they ask us about London. Fingers crossed 😊

We were told by our teachers that Ozymandias was likely to come up as apparently everyone must know a Romantic Poet and the only way they know that for sure is to put one in the paper so it's practically 1/4 since To Autumn was in the specimen and isn't likely to come up!
Sorry if I'm dragging this slightly off topic, but does anyone have any tips for the layout of the second 25 mark question (compare the theme of x in whatever with your chosen poem)? I'm aiming for a 7/8 but it's this last question that's really pulling me down.

It'd be OK if there weren't so many of the bloody things.
ALso, guys im doing INSPECTOR CALLS, MACBETH AND CHRISTMAS CAROL. does anyone have any predictions for what questions might come up for them :smile:
Original post by studentreader
Sorry if I'm dragging this slightly off topic, but does anyone have any tips for the layout of the second 25 mark question (compare the theme of x in whatever with your chosen poem)? I'm aiming for a 7/8 but it's this last question that's really pulling me down.

It'd be OK if there weren't so many of the bloody things.

ikr theres like 18 poems and were getting asked on two
Original post by Emsyz

Actually the exam board set nature poem to afternoon as mocks (specimen paper). You can check at their website of u dont believe me.

Quick Reply