confuzzedsoul
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
take a look at my exam timetable and help me plan out my revision? Because right now I've been unable to revise effectively because my mind just doesn't let me(I keep on getting headaches.) If you want I can pm you my timetable with extra info
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by confuzzedsoul)
take a look at my exam timetable and help me plan out my revision? Because right now I've been unable to revise effectively because my mind just doesn't let me(I keep on getting headaches.) If you want I can pm you my timetable with extra info
It would be best to post it here and get multiple opinions.
confuzzedsoul
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeanFM)
It would be best to post it here and get multiple opinions.
Heres what my timetable looks like
Name:  Google Calendar - Month of May 2017 - Google Chrome 02_04_2017 19_09_25.png
Views: 160
Size:  21.9 KB
Attachment 632378632380
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Heres what my timetable looks like
Name:  Google Calendar - Month of May 2017 - Google Chrome 02_04_2017 19_09_25.png
Views: 160
Size:  21.9 KB
Attachment 632378632380
Are those your exam dates or proposed revision days?
confuzzedsoul
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeanFM)
Are those your exam dates or proposed revision days?
My exam dates
AvaPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OOO, well when I did my exams, the only revision I did was 10 minutes before I sat it :')

(I am so ashamed but I did fine so all good..)

But I think it might be wise to focus on whats coming first, or maybe what you want to do best in? What are you thinking of doing next? So example, if you're looking to go to Uni or whatever, you need to pass English and Maths. Equally if you're looking to take something at A-level, perhaps sciences, it'd be wise to pay the most attention to those.

Obviously there's about a month till May, so you could split it into blocks, maybe put a subject on each day, and then, for example, revise English every Monday, Maths every Tuesday, ect* ect*.

What one of my friends did, was cover her walls in postic notes and paper. She even got this massive piece of wood, and just wrote all over it. It's not a suggested method, but looking at things constantly may help you to remember things.

I'm not sure on timetabling revision properly, I procrastinate to the last minute, on my deadlines for an online magazine that I write for, and my time management is horrible! But still, I'm sure there's plenty of good methods out there, and obviously if you work out which you either need to focus on the most, or don't feel confident in, I'd focus on them! You have that really nice Friday/Saturday/Sunday block, that you can use for just Maths, English and I'm assume that one P1, is Physics? I assume the course is likely different from when I did my GCSE's, since I'm nearly 19 now, but those three days are heaven sent! Use that time effectively! You can use an entire day for the three subjects left in that block (assume you have study leave?) But yeah! Best of luck :3 I'd find good revision techniques and what not! I regret not being organised! I passed everything, but I didn't do great, so sometimes I do wish I'd listened and actually revised... then again I did the exact same thing at A-level and only just passed them all... A-level is ridiculously harder to pass without revision ahaha.
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My exam dates
Okay cool, admittedly there are not many gaps between the exams but that's okay.

So on the week before exams you should study your exams for the next week in the reverse order. I.e. Study C1 at the start of the week, then RE B574, then B1 (maybe all a day each) then do for the rest of the days.

In the previous week of Eng Lang 1, lit 2, maths1, p1 and lit1.

The week before that do the subjects from Maths 3 to Conp 1.

The week before that do your last exam to C2.

That's all for general revision and going over notes and topics and practicing questions, approximately one subject a day.

You essentially have to do 80% of the work before exam period starts then inbetween cams, after resting and chilling after finishing an exam, to go over exams that night for the next day by doing small revision and rehfreshes the night before. This'll be tricky when you have two exams in a day but try to spread it out if possible, and again do the hard work before exam period and then a quick oncenover of your notes before the exam day and a past paper or two if you have time.
evab12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Legit just use your school timetable and adjust the times
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (57)
65.52%
I don't have everything I need (30)
34.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed