plenipotentiary
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, i am currently in year 12 studying at a comprehensive school. My school is very unhelpful and the teaching quality is terrible, and lately I have been feeling very demoralised. I am thinking of working hard from now till exams and hopefully achieving AAA. However, i wish to withdraw from the school and start year 12 afresh in a different private school. Would this put me at any disadvantage when I apply to Uni? (provided my AS grades are good) I hope to study Dentistry in the future, preferably somewhere like KCL. Would they mind that i would have gone through year 12 twice?

Would really appreciate some help before I make a detrimental decision

Thanks in advance
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by plenipotentiary)
Hey guys, i am currently in year 12 studying at a comprehensive school. My school is very unhelpful and the teaching quality is terrible, and lately I have been feeling very demoralised. I am thinking of working hard from now till exams and hopefully achieving AAA. However, i wish to withdraw from the school and start year 12 afresh in a different private school. Would this put me at any disadvantage when I apply to Uni? (provided my AS grades are good) I hope to study Dentistry in the future, preferably somewhere like KCL. Would they mind that i would have gone through year 12 twice?

Would really appreciate some help before I make a detrimental decision

Thanks in advance
Repeating yr 12 is more accepted than repeating yr13. However for competitive courses like dentistry that will normally only be ok if you are switching subjects.

If you're hoping to get As why would you repeat yr 12?
plenipotentiary
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Repeating yr 12 is more accepted than repeating yr13. However for competitive courses like dentistry that will normally only be ok if you are switching subjects.

If you're hoping to get As why would you repeat yr 12?
Thank you for replying !

I forgot to mention, I would need to retake year 12 again so I can take up A level biology which is required for dentistry (I am currently doing Maths, Phys, and Chem)

If my justification was that I retook the year so i can take biology would unis be ok with it? (including high ranking ones?)

Thanks a lot
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by plenipotentiary)
Thank you for replying !

I forgot to mention, I would need to retake year 12 again so I can take up A level biology which is required for dentistry (I am currently doing Maths, Phys, and Chem)

If my justification was that I retook the year so i can take biology would unis be ok with it? (including high ranking ones?)

Thanks a lot
There's less than 20 dentistry schools. If you want to be sure then you're best ringing them directly and asking how they'd view restarting A levels to include biology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (504)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (621)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (304)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.54%

Watched Threads