Would you date someone who was suicidal?

Watch this thread
Act of War
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
As the title asks.

I am not suicidal by the way, I am just curious on what people thought about this.
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
No, they need to sort themselves out before I do, I'd help out though.
ChillianG
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Nope, I even don't like the danger people.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It's a slightly strange question, tbh. 'Being suicidal' isn't going to present in isolation. It's not like 'would you date someone with size 9 feet'. It's going to be much more complicated than that, and it would depend on the circumstances as to whether or not I would - what else is going on, how has the 'suicidal' come about..etc etc.
insert-username
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Nope.
Katzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
"How can I love someone when they don't love themselves?"
- Stalin 2017
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No because I'd be worried about hurting them and sending them over the edge; I'd be their friend though
Ciel.
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Darren A)
As the title asks.

I am not suicidal by the way, I am just curious on what people thought about this.
Normally, nobody will tell you that they are suicidal unless they really trust you. So you wouldn't even know you're dating a suicidal person, until much later.
Act of War
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
Normally, nobody will tell you that they are suicidal unless they really trust you. So you wouldn't even know you're dating a suicidal person, until much later.
If they said they were though, would you get into a relationship with them?
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't enter a relationship with someone who is suicidal, they need to focus on sorting themselves out before pursuing a relationship. If I was however already in a relationship with someone, then they became suicidal, I'd do whatever I can to support them.
username1495504
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No. My abusive ex kept threatening to kill himself when I tried to leave him.
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Darren A)
If they said they were though, would you get into a relationship with them?
Nah, I couldn't have the blood on my hands just in case they did commit suicide I'd feel it were my fault, or could I have done something, etc
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You'd have to be suicidal to date me. I'm packing a serious choking hazard down there.
Rarest
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
It's a slightly strange question, tbh. 'Being suicidal' isn't going to present in isolation. It's not like 'would you date someone with size 9 feet'. It's going to be much more complicated than that, and it would depend on the circumstances as to whether or not I would - what else is going on, how has the 'suicidal' come about..etc etc.
I like your post. and you.
CraigBackner
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
You'd have to be suicidal to date me. I'm packing a serious choking hazard down there.
lool too funny
username2877554
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yessss, It is a dream for me to date one, give them hope and save their life!!

I'd just love to tell them that everything will be okay
Yaboi
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I would.
_gcx
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Strawberry68)
No. My abusive ex kept threatening to kill himself when I tried to leave him.
You're assuming that all suicidal people are going to manipulative like that?
_gcx
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Too vague of a question, does not account for the circumstance under which they are suicidal.

In general, however, yes. To have a shoulder to lean on, for a depressed person, can be magical.
_gcx
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CTLevers)
I wouldn't enter a relationship with someone who is suicidal, they need to focus on sorting themselves out before pursuing a relationship. If I was however already in a relationship with someone, then they became suicidal, I'd do whatever I can to support them.
What if it's due to an underlying problem that may not be so easily resolved?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (80)
66.67%
In the post (5)
4.17%
Text (16)
13.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (19)
15.83%

Watched Threads