vinchy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey folks where can i find £80 and under accomodation near Glasgow university or just cheap accomodation.
Just-siobhan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Truthfully, I think you'll really struggle to find accommodation under that price near the university. The area round the university is the West End and higher in price than other areas in Glasgow as a result of this and the large number of students. A 5 Bed Flat around this area is looking at around £90-110 pp/pw quite often with bills not included (this is what I found when looking for my own accommodation for next year). I would look into areas a bit further out, such as Partick and Govan which are cheaper, however if you are looking for private lettings, this will probably be cheaper if it is a larger flat and you find some people to share with. Other than that, I believe all the university halls/private student halls range from around £100-£160 pp/pw inc. bills. If you will be a first year when you require this, I think the cheapest university accommodation is in Murano or a shared room at Cairncross.
DobbiesPointGlasgow
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Just-siobhan)
Truthfully, I think you'll really struggle to find accommodation under that price near the university. The area round the university is the West End and higher in price than other areas in Glasgow as a result of this and the large number of students. A 5 Bed Flat around this area is looking at around £90-110 pp/pw quite often with bills not included (this is what I found when looking for my own accommodation for next year). I would look into areas a bit further out, such as Partick and Govan which are cheaper, however if you are looking for private lettings, this will probably be cheaper if it is a larger flat and you find some people to share with. Other than that, I believe all the university halls/private student halls range from around £100-£160 pp/pw inc. bills. If you will be a first year when you require this, I think the cheapest university accommodation is in Murano or a shared room at Cairncross.
We’re a new accommodation opening in September, so everything will be new! We have different social spaces on site, including our own gym, cinema room and roof terraces. We’re located just around 5 minutes from Strathclyde University and 2 minutes from Caledonian University, so if that’s where you’re studying it’s really convenient!

We have a few different types of room. En Suite rooms have their own bathroom, and you would share a kitchen with 3-8 depending on the room type and studios where you don’t have to share with anyone – you would have your own kitchenette and bathroom. They are all a good size, with full-size double wardrobes, small double beds and study desks.

If you are looking for accommodation please get in touch.

[email protected] co.uk
Tel-01413759963
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed