Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My sixth form college has asked every student to have chose 6 unis' by September 6th in order to submit early applications through UCAS.
    I am interested in the following unis' for the course History & Sociology; DeMontford, Liverpool John Moore's, Teeside, Sunderland, Wolverhampton & Staffordshire.
    Is there anyone who can give me advice who has attended any of the above unis' or anyone who has taken a history course at university, as I am interested in most aspects of history and I want to do a joint degree or a BA honours in History.
    I am an 'A' student in History but in my other subjects I am in all honest a B/C grade student.
    Any help appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Knight)
    Hi,

My sixth form college has asked every student to have chose 6 unis' by September 6th in order to submit early applications through UCAS.
    I am interested in the following unis' for the course History & Sociology; DeMontford, Liverpool John Moore's, Teeside, Sunderland, Wolverhampton & Staffordshire.
    Is there anyone who can give me advice who has attended any of the above unis' or anyone who has taken a history course at university, as I am interested in most aspects of history and I want to do a joint degree or a BA honours in History.
    I am an 'A' student in History but in my other subjects I am in all honest a B/C grade student.
    Any help appreciated!

UCAS don't start processing forms til the end of September. Clearing doesn't offically end until around then, and they don't do anything until the previous years process has been terminated.

Then you have the fact that UCAS do not send forms to unis in any particular order - being the first person to submit could mean you end up on the bottom of the pile, not the top!

You should take your time over this decision. It's going to help map out your life and shouldn't be rushed, and esepcially 'cos some nomark teacher wants all the forms in ASAP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Knight)
    Hi,

Any help appreciated!
    You might want to look into Birmingham - they do well in both Sociology and History though the standard enrty grades are BBB; maybe have it as your first choice. Plus if that doesn't sway you I'm going there (hopefully)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    UCAS don't start processing forms til the end of September. Clearing doesn't offically end until around then, and they don't do anything until the previous years process has been terminated.
    I'm pretty sure you can apply early in September if you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dieeiervonsatan)
    I'm pretty sure you can apply early in September if you like.

They don't touch your form until the last week in September - so there's no benefit in getting it in early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    They don't touch your form until the last week in September - so there's no benefit in getting it in early.
    Do they not?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.