The Student Room Group

Is IGCSE treated the same as GCSE?

So if you did IGCSE at school instead of just GCSE will they just treat it the same as GCSE, because it just is GCSE there's only some difference like no coursework as its actully seen as slightly more difficult since everything comes down to the exams. So fo a course if they ask for grade BB in core and additional science and you have IGCSE double award instead will they treat it as the same thing?
IGCSE is international gcse so obviously it's treated differently. If you're from the USA, you have to stop these international GCSEs from taking over so you should build a wall. If you're from Europe or a Western country you are dumb and useless compared to your foreign counterpart so the exams they take are harder so employers will treat it with greater respect.
Reply 2
Original post by SchrodingerCat
IGCSE is international gcse so obviously it's treated differently. If you're from the USA, you have to stop these international GCSEs from taking over so you should build a wall. If you're from Europe or a Western country you are dumb and useless compared to your foreign counterpart so the exams they take are harder so employers will treat it with greater respect.

I'm not from the USA I'm a UK student but thank you
Original post by Matilda612
So if you did IGCSE at school instead of just GCSE will they just treat it the same as GCSE, because it just is GCSE there's only some difference like no coursework as its actully seen as slightly more difficult since everything comes down to the exams. So fo a course if they ask for grade BB in core and additional science and you have IGCSE double award instead will they treat it as the same thing?

gcse and igcse are treated exactly the same for education and employment.
Reply 4
The same. ex-IGCSE student here.
Reply 5
Original post by Fadel
The same. ex-IGCSE student here.

Why would anyone do IGCSE then?
Original post by Yaboi

loads of private schools do igcse
Reply 7
Original post by CraigBackner
loads of private schools do igcse

But why? if GCSEs are far easier and they are treated the same.
Original post by Yaboi
But why? if GCSEs are far easier and they are treated the same.

igcse are much harder, I guess thats why
Reply 9
Original post by Yaboi

IGCSE is for international students. GCSE is for local ones. By "ex-IGCSE", I meant that I finished it already.

Quick Reply

Latest