Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Delayed Loan...Great. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else here had their loan decision delayed due to this national problem? I just received a letter from my LEA (Norfolk) telling me they'll issue some type of interim support notification whilst I await their full decision. This is annoying and I gave it in before the deadline!

Considering my family's finance/situation (which is fairly dire) I wouldn't have thought they'd have much problem in deciding my case, it's frustrating but I guess I will need to be patient. Hope no one else is having too much trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    Has anyone else here had their loan decision delayed due to this national problem? I just received a letter from my LEA (Norfolk) telling me they'll issue some type of interim support notification whilst I await their full decision. This is annoying and I gave it in before the deadline!

Considering my family's finance/situation (which is fairly dire) I wouldn't have thought they'd have much problem in deciding my case, it's frustrating but I guess I will need to be patient. Hope no one else is having too much trouble.
    Its annoying isn't it? According to the paper the same problem has happened in Essex, so I expect I'll get a letter saying the same thing soon

ReputationRep:
    my friend has had £1000ish put into his bank account already - why has that happened? i wouldnt mind that amount of money right about now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    my friend has had £1000ish put into his bank account already - why has that happened? i wouldnt mind that amount of money right about now..

They must've made a quick decision on the HE Grant perhaps? I could definitely do with money before I head to Uni rather than worrying what happens when I arrive!

It's annoying, Essex as well? I assume it's caught quite a few people out that thought they'd have a response way before now.

ReputationRep:
    When did you send yours off?... i just got the passwords and secret answer letter and i sent mine off well after the deadline...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    When did you send yours off?... i just got the passwords and secret answer letter and i sent mine off well after the deadline...
    I received my password/secret answer letter quite a while ago, they're just taking their time over the decision. We shall see.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as you get to uni apply for hardship / access to learning / whatever new name it's going to be called they can either give you a grant or a loan to help out until your student loan comes through.

ReputationRep:
    i only get the bare minimum (£3790 in London)
    its not enough

ReputationRep:
    I have heard nothing about my loan. They are taking ages. I sent the forms off in May as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I have heard nothing about my loan. They are taking ages. I sent the forms off in May as well.
    bad luck - i sent mine 2 days after the deadline :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    bad luck - i sent mine 2 days after the deadline :confused:
    That makes me feel much better. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    That makes me feel much better. Thanks
    sorry, im sure you'll find out soon though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    sorry, im sure you'll find out soon though

Thats much better

ReputationRep:
    Why is everybody getting all worried about your loan.....its only 18th of August, Uni starts around the 27th of September.......just be paitent people......u will get your loan eventually.....well hopefully anyway....its not like u need the money now? or do u???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    Why is everybody getting all worried about your loan.....its only 18th of August, Uni starts around the 27th of September.......just be paitent people......u will get your loan eventually.....well hopefully anyway....its not like u need the money now? or do u???

i need it now :mad: i may use it to fund my gambling addiction

(j/king)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from wiral had a delayed loan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)

I think I start on the 20th of September.

ReputationRep:
    Loan problems, Bank problems, Results day...

Argh, I give in, I'm not coming onto this site until I get my results.

Take care all and I hope you all do well, bye for now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.