The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Computer Science

Anyone else doing this course? Was just wondering what you guys have already covered because I kinda feel like we're going really slow/haven't done much in comparison to the content I've learned in other subjects (I'm in year 12 btw)
Reply 1
I feel exactly the same... I'm doing computer science along with maths and physics, and I've basically nothing outside of lessons for CS and many, many hours of maths and physics! It doesn't help that our teacher doesn't really know what he's talking about half of the time either, especially a couple of lessons ago when we did Boolean algebra.
Reply 2
Original post by Sint
I feel exactly the same... I'm doing computer science along with maths and physics, and I've basically nothing outside of lessons for CS and many, many hours of maths and physics! It doesn't help that our teacher doesn't really know what he's talking about half of the time either, especially a couple of lessons ago when we did Boolean algebra.

XD glad i'm not alone haha
sometimes i kinda forget im doing 4 a levels because i do so little for comp sci in comparison to the others; all we've been doing for weeks on end in computing is COMP 3 and the only theory we've learned is a load of definitions and some binary and we touched on the systems development life cycle thing... i had a look at course outlines on the OCR website and it seems like COMP 3 is meant to be a year 13 thing? and we're supposed to be learning a lot of theory now? idk lol
Reply 3
Anyone who feels that they aren’t being taught by there teachers sufficiently, which I can see from the previous comments, use Craig and Dave on YouTube, they have great videos!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending