The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA : Is it really a good university?

Hi! I was just wondering if it's a really good university at all? I'm planning to study biomedicine and I got an offer .There's not so much information about the course , students etc. I wonder what kind of people go there to study?Is it worth it? I'm a bit worried. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by sj10
What kind of things do you want to know?

Are students and lecturers motivated enough? (what's the quality of lectures ?) thanks!:smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by gigintare
Hi! I was just wondering if it's a really good university at all? I'm planning to study biomedicine and I got an offer .There's not so much information about the course , students etc. I wonder what kind of people go there to study?Is it worth it? I'm a bit worried. Thanks!

I have some lectures with Biomed! Tbh I think the programme at UEA is really good. I love it here. You get a lot of contact hours and first year isn't just a year off like it seems to be with some unis... They give you a fair bit of work (and there's always extra for you to do) but you still have the reassurance that first year doesn't count. I really like it, I can't imagine anyone hating UEA tbh!
Reply 3
Thanks a lot! ❤️
It depends what you mean by really good. One subject ranking is here.
Hi @gigintare,

Apologies for the late reply! We like to think UEA is an amazing university - but we're not alone! UEA is a top 15 according to The Times Good University Guide in 2017, Top 1% of universities globally, and 3rd for student satisfaction according to the National Student Survey.

You might like this short video about the School of Biological Sciences:
[video="youtube;StKDBe4soaU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKDBe4soaU[/video]

And this one about student life in Norwich.

UEA's population is a real mix of people, but one of the things we're really proud of is the atmosphere on campus. It's a very welcoming, chilled and friendly vibe!

Have you visited UEA? If not I'd recommend attending a mini open day or your applicant day.

Hope that all helps and do get in touch if we can help with anything else!

Rowan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending