The Student Room Group

Why do gems turn yellow on the 6th?

Just got my 6th gem and i know after and including this- theyre yellow- anyone know why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's light green. :colonhash:
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Just got my 6th gem and i know after and including this- theyre yellow- anyone know why?

It's not yellow. Just a lighter shade of green.

Yellow? Do you mean light green, rather than emerald green?

You'll start that whole 'blue and black or gold and cream dress' conversation again.
I thought this said gums, and that the 6th was a date.

It was very confusing.
Fine- light green- my colour vision is weird- flame tests never go my way!
why tho?
Original post by artful_lounger
I thought this said gums, and that the 6th was a date.

It was very confusing.

:biggrin::biggrin:, thats amazing
Rep this comment to help me get my first light green gem :smile:
Fine- light green- my colour vision is weird- flame tests never go my way!
why tho?

It's a good question, actually and I don't know the answer. I'm guessing that it's to reflect that getting your 6th gem onwards takes rather more effort (i.e. significantly more rep points) and is thus a way of differentiating the easily-obtained first 5 gems with the more difficult 6 - 12 ones.
One of the great mysteries of the universe.
Original post by Reality Check
It's a good question, actually and I don't know the answer. I'm guessing that it's to reflect that getting your 6th gem onwards takes rather more effort (i.e. significantly more rep points) and is thus a way of differentiating the easily-obtained first 5 gems with the more difficult 6 - 12 ones.

yes 12 gems is insane- only proper losers have that many, they need a reality check, amirite
yes 12 gems is insane- only proper losers have that many, they need a reality check, amirite

A little bit harsh...:smile:
Original post by Reality Check
A little bit harsh...:smile:

im joking.. im just jealous and actually in awe of how much time one has to spend to get 12 gems!
It's a secret. I can't tell you :tongue:
damn you! ill get to the bottom of this if its the last thing i do
Original post by LeCroissant
Rep this comment to help me get my first light green gem :smile:

Rep whore :colonhash:
Original post by Cherub012
Rep whore :colonhash:

I've seen worse rep whoring on here imo
Back when the rep system was changed (this was in 2010, shows my age on here :tongue:), the colour change was to represent how much work you put into developing your profile on the site in terms of posts, contribution etc. Back in teh day, rainbow gems used to exist! :tongue:

The colour scheme was voted, but I can't remember where the discussion was held. l
Original post by Slowbro93
Back when the rep system was changed (this was in 2010, shows my age on here :tongue:), the colour change was to represent how much work you put into developing your profile on the site in terms of posts, contribution etc. Back in teh day, rainbow gems used to exist! :tongue:

The colour scheme was voted, but I can't remember where the discussion was held. l

Wow, thats cool! i guess that makes sense as its insanely difficult to get 12 gems- rainbow gems sound good tho!
wb red gems- ive seen a few old users with red gems

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending