Turn on thread page Beta

Driving lessons watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penwong)
    Probably because they don't you to kill them.
    Or their car.

ReputationRep:
    Their car's probably insured etc \o/ but yeh they'd lose out whilst it gets repaired. Today was my 7th driving lesson this time round (I caught chicken pox 2 years ago and stopped after 9 lessons). My test is booked for October and I seriously cannot wait till I've passed.

ReputationRep:
    im a bit scared. just got my provisional, going to start lessons soon. i cant get insurance on my parents car like a lot of my friends have as they cant do it for under 25s on their insurance company without it costing thousands so its not worth it. is it ok to not be able to practise and just do more lessons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunderstorm)
    im a bit scared. just got my provisional, going to start lessons soon. i cant get insurance on my parents car like a lot of my friends have as they cant do it for under 25s on their insurance company without it costing thousands so its not worth it. is it ok to not be able to practise and just do more lessons?
    Of course it is..but you'll be paying for those lessons anyway. You can have a break or have a lesson every 15 days or something which might be better as then you wouldn't completely forget all the stuff you've learnt.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had any lessons yet, but I tried in my mate's car and it wasn't pretty. I went up a hill in the dark on a quiet road (not knowing how to change gears etc. I wasn't even sure of the pedals ) and I kinda accelerated up to about 40 mph into a roundabout. Everyone got scared and I slammed the brakes. I think I'll try proper lessons - that was when I was 16, and was kinda illegal

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it would be best for me to do my driving test next summer, when i'm 17 and a half or later on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Chameleon)
    Do you think it would be best for me to do my driving test next summer, when i'm 17 and a half or later on?
    sorry wrong screenname.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have had 40hrs of ADI driving (with some private practice, but only from about lesson 30 in my dad's car) when I have my first practical test this Friday at 11.41am. I'm not too nervous - but then again I'm not confident. We'll just have to see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

If anyone is wanting to share the experience of their lessons/tests, good or bad then it would be great to see you in my Forum for Learner Drivers, and experienced! I'm learning at the moment and to see more people who is learning like me would be great!

See you there
    Kirsty
    www.good2drive.com

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.