The Student Room Group

Pleaseeeeee helpppppp!!!!!!

Let me explain my situation: I am giving AS physics and maths this may june which means only one month is left . But I don't think I am prepared, I haven't
started past papers yet and I think I have many doubts for many chapter. The think is I procrastinate a loooootttt and by this I mean extreme procrastination like I study for only 1-2 hrs a day or sometimes not even 0.5hr. During my IGCSEs I was never like this in fact by this time I had finished half of the pastpapers and I thought that wasn't enough so you can understand what happened to me (maybe?). I am getting lazier day by day and I didn't go to school or tution for 4 months and still not going. What should I do? Please help1111
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdullah Jamal
X

Do you not think you should turn your computer off and start to revise? A month's worth of revision is far better than none at all. If you don't do anything you'll regret it on results day when you've got nothing to show for this year.
Reply 2
x

Set yourself a clear goal, break down your total workload into more manageable chunks of work, sit down and force yourself to study.
Set a schedule and use checklists made from the specification to guide you in your work.
Force yourself to work, but don't let yourself panic. You'll end up doing more harm than good. Lost time isn't going to come back, so try to focus on making the little time you have left worth it.

It's not impossible. You can still earn the goal you want, given it is not preposterous (be sensible) if you work hard enough.
Reply 3
Let me explain my situation: I am giving AS physics and maths this may june which means only one month is left . But I don't think I am prepared, I haven't
started past papers yet and I think I have many doubts for many chapter. The think is I procrastinate a loooootttt and by this I mean extreme procrastination like I study for only 1-2 hrs a day or sometimes not even 0.5hr. During my IGCSEs I was never like this in fact by this time I had finished half of the pastpapers and I thought that wasn't enough so you can understand what happened to me (maybe?). I am getting lazier day by day and I didn't go to school or tution for 4 months and still not going. What should I do? Please help1111

Well I suggest you too remove all social media app and the internet out your site.
Not wanting to be rude but as you've typed all this down you could have simply opened a chapter up that you don't understand and tried to memorised it.

Another thing call in for a tutor and gain more knowledge that way AND lastly if you want to be successful then stop being lazy and get on with your work.
Original post by Glassapple
Do you not think you should turn your computer off and start to revise? A month's worth of revision is far better than none at all. If you don't do anything you'll regret it on results day when you've got nothing to show for this year.

Ikr, but the thing is as I have mentioned above PROCASTINATION:frown:. I just can't get in the mood to study.:afraid:
Ikr, but the thing is as I have mentioned above PROCASTINATION:frown:. I just can't get in the mood to study.:afraid:

You'll be in an even worse mood on results day when you get UUUU and have to repeat the entire year. Even if you got CCDE or something similar from a month's worth of revision that's better than failing everything.
Original post by RizK
Set yourself a clear goal, break down your total workload into more manageable chunks of work, sit down and force yourself to study.
Set a schedule and use checklists made from the specification to guide you in your work.
Force yourself to work, but don't let yourself panic. You'll end up doing more harm than good. Lost time isn't going to come back, so try to focus on making the little time you have left worth it.

It's not impossible. You can still earn the goal you want, given it is not preposterous (be sensible) if you work hard enough.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to do it. I hust can't understand how people can manage to study for 8hrs while I cannot even study for 2hrs
Reply 7

You don't need weeks to revise for AS levels... A few days of intense revision should do the trick, if you are at least somewhat intelligent. So you still have plenty of time. Just study 20 mins per day, should make things easier.
Original post by Asha_19
Well I suggest you too remove all social media app and the internet out your site.
Not wanting to be rude but as you've typed all this down you could have simply opened a chapter up that you don't understand and tried to memorised it.

Another thing call in for a tutor and gain more knowledge that way AND lastly if you want to be successful then stop being lazy and get on with your work.

I just wanted to talk about my pain to someone.
Reply 9
Thanks for the advice. I will try to do it. I hust can't understand how people can manage to study for 8hrs while I cannot even study for 2hrs

Heck man, I can relate, I can't find myself willingly studying with my full consent for even an hour, you just gotta suck it up and do it. And make the little time you are able to concentrate in worth it. (Plan your work, study what you need)

If it doesn't distract you too much, and if you're not someone who's against it, you may listen to a little music while you do your work, it lets you (or maybe just me) concentrate for longer.
Original post by Glassapple
You'll be in an even worse mood on results day when you get UUUU and have to repeat the entire year. Even if you got CCDE or something similar from a month's worth of revision that's better than failing everything.

Thanks, that motivated me a bit!
Original post by Ciel.
You don't need weeks to revise for AS levels... A few days of intense revision should do the trick, if you are at least somewhat intelligent. So you still have plenty of time. Just study 20 mins per day, should make things easier.

Really??? Please say that's true:adore:
Original post by RizK
Heck man, I can relate, I can't find myself willingly studying with my full consent for even an hour, you just gotta suck it up and do it. And make the little time you are able to concentrate in worth it. (Plan your work, study what you need)

If it doesn't distract you too much, and if you're not someone who's against it, you may listen to a little music while you do your work, it lets you (or maybe just me) concentrate for longer.

Yeah man you are right, I was wondering if pomodoro method would work ?
I just wanted to talk about my pain to someone.

Mate I'm saying this for you benefit. You don't want to end up failing and telling your parents that now do you?
You choose this path way because you knew you can do it. Think positive and shut yourself with social media and lastly if you're going to stress about this then that's going to put you off even more.

Think about your goals in life and what the outcome would be.
Reply 14
Really??? Please say that's true:adore:

Of course it is. Worked for all my uni and LPC exams, too. Passed every single one, with top grades, too. However, if you haven't learned anything throughout the whole term, it's obviously not going to work.
Original post by Asha_19
Mate I'm saying this for you benefit. You don't want to end up failing and telling your parents that now do you?
You choose this path way because you knew you can do it. Think positive and shut yourself with social media and lastly if you're going to stress about this then that's going to put you off even more.

Think about your goals in life and what the outcome would be.

:cry::cry2:
Original post by Ciel.
Of course it is. Worked for all my uni and LPC exams, too. Passed every single one, with top grades, too. However, if you haven't learned anything throughout the whole term, it's obviously not going to work.

Thanks man, you are the best, It's not that I haven't prepared for anything.
Reply 17
Thanks man, you are the best, It's not that I haven't prepared for anything.

Then I'm sure you will be fine.
:cry::cry2:

Trust me you don't want to be in my shoes right now. I've left everything to last minute as I have 3 deadlines around the corner I need to do A poster, a powerpoint presentation revise them both and present them and then on top of that I have assignments and I agree that procrastination is easy but thinking about your life and what you want to become bring a little motivation in you. Don't constantly revise, revise for half and time take a break and get back onto it..... You won't get this opportunity again.
Reply 19
meh, 20 minutes per day is definitely not enough for AS. I was able to get top grades in my igcse by studying for about 20 mins a day per subject for the last month. Trust me, not enough for AS. You can try the pomodoro method if you want, but what I find works best is setting myself a reward, since I have a horrible case of procastrination too.

Set yourself a reward as in, maybe let yourself have a treat or spend an hour doing something you like for each chapter of work you complete, etc.

You do have more than enough time, but not if you limit yourself to 20 minutes a day lol, wtf.

Quick Reply

Latest