The Student Room Group

Ive finally stopped watching anime: AM(a)A

today was the day I decided to stop watching anime. I made a vow (IRL & here) that when a certain anime finished today, I would stop watching it as I cant be asked waiting around for new anime / a lot of ones I am interested in have manga that are way ahead.

so yeah, feel free to ask me (almost) anything.

things to not ask:
real life name / wages;
opinions on politics, religion, sexuality etc.

and please folks, no discrimination against anyone on TSR or IRL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why did you start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You quit the day after Attack on titan season 2 started?

lmao
Original post by Kyx
Why did you start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

a bit weird really. I used to enjoy cardcaptors, escaflowne, teknoman in jr school ,then gundam wing and dbz got me really hooked on it. after them in high school was into cowboy bebop and outlaw star but cnx stopped airing anime and lost interest...till year 11 when my mates introduced me to elfen lied, naruto and gundam SEED since then I have been into anime but after I graduated from uni, my interest has gone down as there isnt really anything that appeals to me. today was the finale of iron blooded orphans and it felt right that the successor of 1 of the anime programmes that got me hooked on anime be the one which I leave anime with.

and boy did the finale leave an impression (not the best overall anime but is 1 of my top (if not the top) regarding fighting choreography / animation).
Original post by Yaboi
You quit the day after Attack on titan season 2 started?

lmao

in fairness im up to date with the manga so there is no point watching the anime for me (although I do enjoy hiroyuki sawano music and AOT has 1 of his best soundtracks).
Reply 5
What is your favourite anime?
What made you want to stop particularly? It's a pretty harmless interest, no?
Original post by quasa
in fairness im up to date with the manga so there is no point watching the anime for me (although I do enjoy hiroyuki sawano music and AOT has 1 of his best soundtracks).

What was your reaction when you found out about the...

Spoiler

Original post by Cherub012
What was your reaction when you found out about the...

Spoiler

Spoiler

cute kid :cute:
Original post by Retired_Messiah
What made you want to stop particularly? It's a pretty harmless interest, no?

honestly there hasnt really been anything I have found interesting since end of 2015. also cant be bothered waiting around for new series of one punch man, seven deadly sins and AOT as it would take forever for the anime to catch to the manga (well a few years). stuff like boruto doesnt interest me as it isnt naruto. db super is of interest but it would be something I would rather binge than wait for weekly stuff.

franchises arent appealing to me anymore as they are more or less just trying to promote new lines of toys / games / etc.
Reply 11
Groce
Original post by Michiyo
What is your favourite anime?

honestly, im not sure. I have a list of favourites but no 1 individual anime. that being saideach has their own plus and minus points.
What does it feel like to not have a neck beard any more?
How does it feel to feel the sun on your skin for the first time?
Original post by quasa
honestly, im not sure. I have a list of favourites but no 1 individual anime. that being saideach has their own plus and minus points.

Are you leaving the Anime Society thread? :cry2:
Original post by Michiyo
Are you leaving the Anime Society thread? :cry2:

nah, ill still be a part of it to keep up with anime news and info. who knows, I may be drawn back into anime in the future if something is appealing but for now, im taking a break from watching anime (I am however watching samurai jack but that isnt anime)
Original post by oShahpo
What does it feel like to not have a neck beard any more?
How does it feel to feel the sun on your skin for the first time?

1: better and worse

2) no idea as I cannot remember anything from when I was a neonate
Original post by quasa
nah, ill still be a part of it to keep up with anime news and info. who knows, I may be drawn back into anime in the future if something is appealing but for now, im taking a break from watching anime (I am however watching samurai jack but that isnt anime)

Aww, I see. :hugs: It is alright, everyone takes a break from anime once in a while :h: I have not seen a single anime episode in three months... :hide:
Original post by quasa
today was the day I decided to stop watching anime. I made a vow (IRL & here) that when a certain anime finished today, I would stop watching it as I cant be asked waiting around for new anime / a lot of ones I am interested in have manga that are way ahead.

so yeah, feel free to ask me (almost) anything.

things to not ask:
real life name / wages;
opinions on politics, religion, sexuality etc.

and please folks, no discrimination against anyone on TSR or IRL

The reasons you've given pretty much just apply to new anime - Are you also giving up on older, long-finished series? I ask because you're obviously a big Gundam fan, and that + other long-standing mech franchises such as Votoms and Macross have a lot of content out there!
Original post by Michiyo
Aww, I see. :hugs: It is alright, everyone takes a break from anime once in a while :h: I have not seen a single anime episode in three months... :hide:

Cool. This isnt so much of a break per say, think of it as a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest