The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Changing courses at Lincoln and self-studying A levels

I've applied to do Biology and I've accepted a place at Lincoln university but now I think I'd rather do biochemistry because I prefer the modules on offer. Will Lincoln let me change courses?

Also, I haven't taken A level chemistry, but it isn't a requirement for the biochemistry course at Lincoln. I would still like to get a chemistry A level because right now my goal is to do a graduate degree as well. Is it possible to do an extra A level whilst in my first year of university or will the workload be too heavy?
Will not having an A level in chemistry put me at a disadvantage when applying for graduate courses in areas like microbiology?
Original post by Charlotte.P
I've applied to do Biology and I've accepted a place at Lincoln university but now I think I'd rather do biochemistry because I prefer the modules on offer. Will Lincoln let me change courses?

Also, I haven't taken A level chemistry, but it isn't a requirement for the biochemistry course at Lincoln. I would still like to get a chemistry A level because right now my goal is to do a graduate degree as well. Is it possible to do an extra A level whilst in my first year of university or will the workload be too heavy?
Will not having an A level in chemistry put me at a disadvantage when applying for graduate courses in areas like microbiology?

Hi Charlotte,

Please contact our Admissions Team and they'll be able to help you with this. You can do so on +44 (0)1522 886097 or by email at [email protected].

Darren :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest