Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am considering applying for Law (LLB) at Aberdeen and they are saying that I need to do a higher maths/science or foreign language to get in. I however hate sciences/maths/foreign languages and would much prefer to do business management/computing/accounts or art.

My question is though - should I attempt to drag myself through the higher maths/science or foreign language on the chance that I may decide to do law as opposed to politics (just cannot decide which to do) or just do what I would enjoy and go on to do politics at Aberdeen.

Please give me help asap - I need to decide by tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanW)
    I am considering applying for Law (LLB) at Aberdeen and they are saying that I need to do a higher maths/science or foreign language to get in. I however hate sciences/maths/foreign languages and would much prefer to do business management/computing/accounts or art.

My question is though - should I attempt to drag myself through the higher maths/science or foreign language on the chance that I may decide to do law as opposed to politics (just cannot decide which to do) or just do what I would enjoy and go on to do politics at Aberdeen.

Please give me help asap - I need to decide by tonight!
    what other highers are you going to be doing?

i'd personally go with what i enjoy- u can always do politics and then do a law conversion after that degree

ReputationRep:
    I have done Highers in ....

English - A
    Modern Studies (Politics) - A
    History - A
    Information Systems - B

Now studying ....

Advanced Higher English
    Advanced Higher Modern Studies

and another higher to be decided upon tomorrow. Thus, I need help urgently.

Is Aberdeen highly regarded for Politics?

ReputationRep:
    don't do subjects you hate just because you might want to do law afterwards. personally i think it would be a waste of time spending a year (?) (i dont know how long it takes in scotland, sorry) being completely bored and hating it and then deciding later that you don't actually want to do law at all. im sure you'd be able to do law later somehow after taking another course or something if you do decide to do it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.