The Student Room Group

So stressed- Please help!

A girl i know started to date a guy i know around the end of December, they rarely saw each other because of 'work'. I saw her around uni moping around for weeks, but he seemed really happy- like more happy than usual but i left it...

In January, she set her relationship status to seeing him, but he didn't do the same. I thought this was because it was kinda early on so i ignored it....

In the beginning of february she had liked every single fb post he put up, including all of his pictures and statuses, but he hasn't liked ANYTHING to do with her, but is on fb all the time liking other girls stuff. 2 of his best female friends refuse to add her on fb so i started to wonder why but i didn't comment.....

He didn't buy her anything for her birthday even though she got him something, and even 'forgot' it was her birthday even though it was all over fb.

His mum and 1 friend added her, and she added his mum and brother.

February 10th, he uploaded a status, basically saying he was 'finally' going to be 'riding' a really ugly girl that night- but something is better than nothing. So i was confused because i thought he really liked her- with adding family and stuff. But then i looked back on the last few weeks and realised how miserable she had been and all of the statuses of his that didn't make sense started to make sense.....they were all laughing about how gullible 'easy' and 'slutty' girls are. She and her mum have been blocked from all of these statuses, they don't appear on her feed, which i thought meant that they were about her but couldn't prove it. But then if they weren't about her- he's cheating?

I ignored this too (i know i probably shouldn't have but i really thought he liked her). He uploaded another status saying he was out drinking with her- but no kisses, of mention of 'gf and bf'. Then i saw her at uni 2 days later crying because he's asked her to remove her relationship status on fb. If i didn't know they were dating, i would deffo think he was single. He's even been very flirtatious with me and has liked some of my photos and statuses.

She has also uploaded 3 things to his wall which he has immediately removed. 1 of his friends posted on his wall asking who she was and he deleted that too.

Neither of them know that i know they are dating because he doesn't know that i know her....I found out through her friend.

what the hell do i say if she finds out i know him? If she asks if he likes her? I don't even know if he does or not. He's added her mum and 2 friends of hers (inc me), although he ignores her mum and other friend.

His friends openly mock her on fb, as does he, and blocks her from his posts. He's obviously trying to appear single on fb. But he's been 'with' her 4 months now and hasn't left her....but with them only seeing each other once or twice a week- for sex i might add- and have only been having sex for 2 months, i don't know....

I'm so lost. What do i tell her?
I'd want to know what i know if i were her but i just don't wanna get it wrong.
It's true that you know them (or at least claim to) but once they get serious about their relationship I don't think there's a lot you can do before you get accused of interfering.
Reply 2
Original post by GreekTea
A girl i know started to date a guy i know around the end of December, they rarely saw each other because of 'work'. I saw her around uni moping around for weeks, but he seemed really happy- like more happy than usual but i left it...

In January, she set her relationship status to seeing him, but he didn't do the same. I thought this was because it was kinda early on so i ignored it....

In the beginning of february she had liked every single fb post he put up, including all of his pictures and statuses, but he hasn't liked ANYTHING to do with her, but is on fb all the time liking other girls stuff. 2 of his best female friends refuse to add her on fb so i started to wonder why but i didn't comment.....

He didn't buy her anything for her birthday even though she got him something, and even 'forgot' it was her birthday even though it was all over fb.

His mum and 1 friend added her, and she added his mum and brother.

February 10th, he uploaded a status, basically saying he was 'finally' going to be 'riding' a really ugly girl that night- but something is better than nothing. So i was confused because i thought he really liked her- with adding family and stuff. But then i looked back on the last few weeks and realised how miserable she had been and all of the statuses of his that didn't make sense started to make sense.....they were all laughing about how gullible 'easy' and 'slutty' girls are. She and her mum have been blocked from all of these statuses, they don't appear on her feed, which i thought meant that they were about her but couldn't prove it. But then if they weren't about her- he's cheating?

I ignored this too (i know i probably shouldn't have but i really thought he liked her). He uploaded another status saying he was out drinking with her- but no kisses, of mention of 'gf and bf'. Then i saw her at uni 2 days later crying because he's asked her to remove her relationship status on fb. If i didn't know they were dating, i would deffo think he was single. He's even been very flirtatious with me and has liked some of my photos and statuses.

She has also uploaded 3 things to his wall which he has immediately removed. 1 of his friends posted on his wall asking who she was and he deleted that too.

Neither of them know that i know they are dating because he doesn't know that i know her....I found out through her friend.

what the hell do i say if she finds out i know him? If she asks if he likes her? I don't even know if he does or not. He's added her mum and 2 friends of hers (inc me), although he ignores her mum and other friend.

His friends openly mock her on fb, as does he, and blocks her from his posts. He's obviously trying to appear single on fb. But he's been 'with' her 4 months now and hasn't left her....but with them only seeing each other once or twice a week- for sex i might add- and have only been having sex for 2 months, i don't know....

I'm so lost. What do i tell her?
I'd want to know what i know if i were her but i just don't wanna get it wrong.

Maybe you could show her his status and posts on your Facebook and infer he's bad news. Maybe you could gently suggest he's flirted with you or something? If your good mates with her, ask questions about the relationship, point out how it's not normal what he's doing. Or just lie- tell her u had a bf who did similar things he's doing and how you're soooo glad you dumped him cuz it's made you feel more free and know your worth
Original post by shawn_o1
It's true that you know them (or at least claim to) but once they get serious about their relationship I don't think there's a lot you can do before you get accused of interfering.

That's why i haven't said anything.... She's my best friends friend. If it would have been my best friend, i'd have walked to her house and told her face to face- but i'm not comfortable enough to tell the other girl. I know she'd trust me because she's confided in me before to tell em about her other failed relationships- that started off similar to this one. She always seems to get used and abused. I almost feel obliged to tell her after everything she's told me but at the same time people make mistakes and the minute i convince myself he likes her and will regret what he said before, he does something horrible again.

She has a bit of a reputation as well so i worry he's heard about it and thought that she'd be an easy pull. It's also easier for him to tell his potential next gf that his last relationship didn't work out and that his ex is crazy- than it would be to explain loads of 1 night stands. I think that's why he's stayed with her so long- it's my gut feeling. I feel as though i'm betraying her for not telling her but if he's just been a pratt and there's still hope for them i don't want to get in the way.
Original post by FHL123
Maybe you could show her his status and posts on your Facebook and infer he's bad news. Maybe you could gently suggest he's flirted with you or something? If your good mates with her, ask questions about the relationship, point out how it's not normal what he's doing. Or just lie- tell her u had a bf who did similar things he's doing and how you're soooo glad you dumped him cuz it's made you feel more free and know your worth

All of her past relationships have involved her been cheated on- so it's hard for me to break the news to her that i don't think this one will be different. I also have to consider how he will react, as more of a friend than her, if he found out it 'grassed' him up. I guess i'm still hoping he'll change his mind and decide she's not what others say she is and i guess that's why i haven't said anything yet. I was hoping to hear everyone elses opinion first.

I just figured i should tell her sooner rather than later to avoid her bonding with him because luckily she hasn't yet- she just wants to impress him because he's a bit older. But i don't wanna tell her so soon if i'm making a mistake here. It's only really been 2 months properly and they rarely see each other so nothing has had time to develop yet.

Every time i read her name in my contacts or on fb i feel sick- my gut is telling me something is wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending