Student Accommodation- Unite Students Watch

vilavi98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I am coming to Aberdeen in September 2017 to study Business Management and Psychology. I viewed one of the Unite properties in Glasgow and it all seemed really nice and the staff was really friendly but I read a lot of mixed reviews regarding Unite Students and I was wondering if anyone in Aberdeen has expierence with them
It would be really helpful
MattFraks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I'm just at the end of first year and I stayed in Mealmarket Student Halls in Aberdeen and had friends in Spring Gardens, The old fire station and I've viewed Casueway View before I started Uni. The Flats are all pretty clean when you turn up and the water is hot from the tap, In Mealmarket we had nice 3/4 size beds, I cant really fault it, it's pretty standard but basic student accommodation. However there is a rough ranking in terms of each unite accommodation, place to place! In most peoples opinions it goes, CauseWay View, The Old Firestation, Mealmarket and then Spring Gardens. However that's not to say Spring Gardens isn't nice. The one I cant speak for is the King Street Exchange. If you have any other questions about them I'm sure I might be able to help or ask someone I know in them now for you!
Khaled_a_d
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am living in Unite student accommodation for postgraduate, tbh they are all kind of different from place to place from what I hear so my experience might not be so helpful specially since I am doing 1 year program and it is my 1st time in the UK.
Few Notes:
-They are kind of pricey,most complain about their prices
-Most if not all accommodations have the washer in a room in the ground floor in one of the building and you are charged for each wash, that is was annoying. Not just for the extra money but I honestly prefer to have the washer in my flat rather than going to another building to do it. And many of my friends who lived in other accommodations had the washer in their flats.
-Fridge was nice but small for 5 people.
-The service is really good tbf, receptionists are nice,maintenance are great with quick responding. always hot water their. Many of their accommodations are in nice places.
Overall I liked it, but the price was too much and sometimes I think if it was 2 years program I would have looked somewhere else just to save myself some money.
Just my thoughts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Medicine Only Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Aug '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (124)
20.13%
Labour (308)
50%
Liberal Democrats (83)
13.47%
Green Party (30)
4.87%
Brexit Party (7)
1.14%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.49%
SNP (13)
2.11%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.49%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.97%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)