St Petersburg metro explosion kills several - Monday April 3rd

Watch
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
About 10 people have been killed in an explosion between two underground stations in St Petersburg.

The head of Russia's National Anti-Terrorist Committee said the blast hit the train between Sennaya Ploshchad and Tekhnologichesky Institut stations.

The committee said an explosive device was later found and made safe at another station, Ploshchad Vosstaniya.

President Vladimir Putin said all causes, including terrorism, were being investigated.

Initial reports suggested there had been two explosions, one at Sennaya Ploshchad and Tekhnologichesky Institut stations.

A spokesman for St Petersburg's governor said at least 10 people had been killed and 50 injured. But minutes later, Russian National Anti-Terrorist Committee said the death toll was nine, with 20 hurt.

Andrei Przhezdomsky, the head of the committee, said the explosion at 14:40 local time (12:40 BST) was caused by "an unidentified explosive device" but that the exact cause had yet to be determined.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39481770
Trapz99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tbh terrorism is quite common in Russia. They've had huge attacks before.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We don't even know who did it yet.
IamAcclaimed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
We don't even know who did it yet.

Who else would it be you ignorant dunce?

Those radical amish?

Or no wait it's the scientologists or the mormons
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IamAcclaimed)
Who else would it be you ignorant dunce?

Those radical amish?

Or no wait it's the scientologists or the mormons
I don't know, that's why I'm waiting for the facts.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it could be Chechen terrorists ?
IamAcclaimed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
I don't know, that's why I'm waiting for the facts.
Which religion sect has committed over 33,000 different acts of terrorism since 9/11

A. The radical mormons
B. The radical hindus
C. The radical atheists
D. The radical Muslims?
SarahCroydon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Crusades were a Christian oppression!
IamAcclaimed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SarahCroydon)
Crusades were a Christian oppression!
If Christian oppression means a defensive war orchestrated by the popes to prevent an encroaching demonic religion from arabia from conquering even more Land than they were allowed to in the west, then yes the Crusades were christian oppression
NigelFarridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Islamic terror doesn't pose an existential threat to us, as you imply. Like all terrorism, its designed to scare us into political submission, although realistically the chances of any of us being caught up in these is extremely small.

I think its a massive exaggeration to call it "Europe's last stand", not to mention the possibility that this could be as a result of Russian occupation of Chechnya.
IamAcclaimed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NigelFarridge)
Islamic terror doesn't pose an existential threat to us, as you imply.
Your first sentence in and you already don't know what you're talking about.

You're one of those morons who says " oh because I haven't experienced terrorism first-hand then it's not really a threat"

People on that train in russia probably thought the same thing.
sami12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
loool barbarians? those barbarians were doing complex algorithms when the west were painting their face blue and smashing it against a rock!

also two biggest wars of all time were in where?

plus when your talking about Christian terror attacks hope ur including Hitler and his 'im doing this for god' speech

also all the bombings on abortion clinics
the KkK WHO WERE THE ACTUAL ONES WHO PROMOTED SLAVERY
IamAcclaimed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sami12)
loool barbarians? those barbarians were doing complex algorithms when the west were painting their face blue and smashing it against a rock!

LMAO, keep telling yourself that mate.

And calling Hitler a christian? Have you even read his autobiography?

Why are there so many ignorant morons on TSR?
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which religion sect has committed over 33,000 different acts of terrorism since 9/11

A. The radical mormons
B. The radical hindus
C. The radical atheists
D. The radical Muslims?
B+C
Cognition!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Okay, then.

I don't agree with religion having a place in society. It's true that Islam is not a religion of peace, but the same could be said of aspects of many their faiths.

But there are just as many attacks by, say, white supremacists (who could be seen as the extremists of western society) as there are by Muslims, though. The amount of anti-Muslim attacks which occur on completely peaceful Muslims should not be underestimated either.

OP, where did you get that statistic from, by the way?
IamAcclaimed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mathemagicien)
"It’s been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn’t we have the the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?" - Adolf Hitler
Mate don't waste your time, ignorance is bliss.
NigelFarridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your first sentence in and you already don't know what you're talking about.

You're one of those morons who says " oh because I haven't experienced terrorism first-hand then it's not really a threat"

People on that train in russia probably thought the same thing.
I said it's not an existential threat, which you implied by your hyperbolic title of "Europe's last stand".

These things are designed to make us feel uneasy about the situation, when realistically there's a very low chance any of us will be caught up in something like this.
SarahCroydon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If Christian oppression means a defensive war orchestrated by the popes to prevent an encroaching demonic religion from arabia from conquering even more Land than they were allowed to in the west, then yes the Crusades were christian oppression
Excuse me they caused rivers of blood! it was genocide of the Arab peoples

Its fine when Christian fundamentalists kill and maim then and in the recent past - Northern Ireland they just terrorists but when its someone with a slightly different name or look its always the same scapegoat - its Islam

Stop this propaganda - you don't fool anybody on this site
IamAcclaimed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NigelFarridge)
I said it's not an existential threat, which you implied by your hyperbolic title of "Europe's last stand".

These things are designed to make us feel uneasy about the situation, when realistically there's a very low chance any of us will be caught up in something like this.
That doesn't mean we should just ignore it like we've been doing for the last 20+ years, it doesn't matter if the chances of being involved in a terror attack are low, little acts of terror have put countries in states of emergencies, like can you even read what you're typing?
astutehirstute
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
it could be Chechen terrorists ?
I think that is very likely.

Chechen terrorists are radical Muslims of course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (367)
19.73%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads