The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hoofbeat
Does anyone want to take any guesses where I might end up? I'm doubting Corpus as 2ppl on here already made the grades!

And a third physicist I know has made the Corpus grades. Hmmm totally random guess, well I'll go with one of the bigger ones as they have more people and therefore more people likely to slip grades. Sooooo.... according to the prospectus Merton has the most physics undergrads, so my betting goes on that. I certainly wouldnt trust my betting ability though after managing to win nothing at a night at the dogs :biggrin: Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy wherever you go and I hope you get one you're pleased with :smile:
Reply 61
Mein Gott! Am I the only person to have missed their grades?

Name: Mark
Grades Required: AAA
Grades: AAB
Subject: PPE
College: Hertford

They still let me in. The ten minutes between getting my results and getting confirmation from the college were some of the most horrible of all time.

The B's a joke though. It was in the subject I was most confident about, and would have got an A if I'd got a C in my literature paper. I got 14/90.
Name: Aaron
Grades: AAAA(A - [General studies])
Subject: medicine
College: Merton

At last it all over. Now I just need to but a Dinner Suit - and all the rest of the stuff!!!
Feels quite strange, all this time waiting for unfolding a sheet of paper. Did much better than I'd hoped for in terms of module marks - on papers I knew I'd failed I got very high marks!!
See you all there in October - not that long now I suppose.
Reply 63
Ok, for anyone who's really lazy I've made a poor-quality spreadsheet with all this information. Unfortunately, UKL won't let me attach an Excel file so it's a Word document instead. I'll keep it updated, but does the OP want to add it to their original post so people don't have to keep trekking through the thread?

Just a thought.
Reply 64
grey faerie
ooh congrats, and good college choice! will probably see you around sometime... do you know who your college parents are yet? if not, you'll find out soon!

Thanks, I know it's the best college :wink: I haven't heard anything from them yet, but hopefully will be getting my fresher's pack and all that kind of information soon!
Name: The Dishwasher
Grades: AAAAAA
Subject: E&M
College: St Anne's

I'm so happeee! It's such a relief - I was so worried about it all!
Reply 66
Name: Jess
Grades Required:AABa
Grades Got:AAAaa
College: St Hilda's.
Reply 67
Name: Sam
Grades: AAAAa
Subject: Maths
College: Merton
Reply 68
Name: Rich
Grades required: AAA
Grades achieved: AAAD (yay D was for Chem, I passed! woo!)

Goin Keble for Physics. shazam!
Reply 69
mast3486
Goin Keble for Physics. shazam!

YAY! Another a Physicist!

I found out today which college I'm going to. I heard the post arrive, ran into the hall, a big pile on the doormat and one larger white envelope which had fallen upside down. Bent down to pick it up, turned it over and glanced at post stamp:
ACCESS TO EXCELLENCE
St Hilda's College Oxford

At first, I was gutted and didnt want to believe it. As they had originally sent me the Open Offer letter, I thought well maybe they're just sending me a fresher's pack as I'm on their list. Finally, I found a letter between everything else saying that I had been accepted by St Hilda's. I was really upset, not because I have a thing against the college but I really would have prefered a mixed college as I've been in single sex education since I was 7 :frown: However, as I read through the various leaflets and fresher's packs I realised (as many of the current undergrads said) that a lot of people at St Hilda's didnt chose it as their first place and were allocated there by other colleges/open offers etc and yet they still love it. Now I'm not really that bothered that it's all girls! Come on, how many girls do Physics courses neways - most of people on my course will be guys!!!! Luckily, all college social events are mixed sex so its ok really.

So if there are any other "Hildabeasts" out there, I'm going to start a new thread for us, so we can all chat and meet!

Chloé
Name: beth
Grades: AAAB(2 marks off an A, how cruel)
Subject: PPP
College: christ church
Hoofbeat, you should have seen it coming!
Anyway, I met my offer and am going to Worcester.
Congrats to Lucy, Veedy and RockSteady who are going there too!
Reply 72
Jamie Frost
Hoofbeat, you should have seen it coming!
Anyway, I met my offer and am going to Worcester.
Congrats to Lucy, Veedy and RockSteady who are going there too!

I know I should have seen it coming! Luckily, I'm cool about it now! lol
Reply 73
Name: Ahmed Murtaza Zaman
Grades Required:AAA
Grades:AAAAA
Subject:Mathematics
College: St Anne's

Woohooooooooooooh and congrats to everyone who made their offers.........well done!!!!
Reply 74
Name: Samantha (Sam)
Grades: AAB (but they still let me in!)
College: Wadham
Name: Michael Berliner
Grades: AAB
Subject: PPP
College: Pembroke

Snap, Sam... they've let me in too, phew! They called me at 9:30am on results day, when my school doesn't release them until 11am, and they told me over the phone that I'd slipped a grade... but they were still offering me a place. Thank god they told me then, or I'd've had a heart attack! To be honest, I was expecting to drop a grade in English, my crappy subject, but dropped it in philosophy, MY subject, after getting a U in one of the modules! :frown:

God knows what happened there, I thought it'd gone pretty darn well! Anyways, all in the past... time to dig out that reading list...

Mike x
Name: Jason
Grades: AAAA
Subject: Chemistry
College: New

After having received an Open Offer from LMH - I had applied to Magdalen - I got a letter this morning saying that New College is making me the offer. Not bad, since this was one of the half dozen colleges I'd most wanted to get into.
Reply 77
Needed AAA
Got AAA
Off to mansfield

Congratulations to everyone on this thead, your results are massively impressive!
Reply 78
hornblower
Name: Jason
Grades: AAAA
Subject: Chemistry
College: New

After having received an Open Offer from LMH - I had applied to Magdalen - I got a letter this morning saying that New College is making me the offer. Not bad, since this was one of the half dozen colleges I'd most wanted to get into.

New is a wicked college - v.pretty, quite close to centre nd science park AND v.gd for music activities. Food was pretty darn good there at interview time too! I'm soooo jealous of you! :tongue:

I originally applied there, got sent to Hilda's for 2 extra interviews, then had Open Offer letter from Hilda's. Then found out yesterday I'd ended up at Hilda's.
Hoofbeat
New is a wicked college - v.pretty, quite close to centre nd science park AND v.gd for music activities. Food was pretty darn good there at interview time too! I'm soooo jealous of you! :tongue:

I originally applied there, got sent to Hilda's for 2 extra interviews, then had Open Offer letter from Hilda's. Then found out yesterday I'd ended up at Hilda's.

Thanks for that. You seem to have confirmed what I have read in prospectuses etc. Hope you enjoy St. Hilda's.

Latest