Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Thanks for that. You seem to have confirmed what I have read in prospectuses etc. Hope you enjoy St. Hilda's.
    Thanks! As I said further up in thread, I was gutted at first, but now think "WHAT THE HEY!" there will still be boys at all the other colleges, 90% of the people on my course will be blokes (gd selection I hope and not all geeks!) and I'll just have to start rowing or playing polo to meet some good looking rich boys! hehe - Oxford lads better watch out!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Faye
    Grades Required: AABB
    Grades: AAABB
    Subject: Physiological Sciences
    College: St Catz

Is there any other Physiologists out there????
    Just like 2 say to Hoofbeat, dnt worry bout Hilders - my friend got there too, but I'm sure u will meet loads of other people ouside of your college in ur subject& clubs etc. Have a wicked time & well done, xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FGM)
    Just like 2 say to Hoofbeat, dnt worry bout Hilders - my friend got there too, but I'm sure u will meet loads of other people ouside of your college in ur subject& clubs etc. Have a wicked time & well done, xxx
    Thanks! I'm sure I'll love it when I get there and won't want to be anywhere else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    ooh congrats, and good college choice! will probably see you around sometime... do you know who your college parents are yet? if not, you'll find out soon!
    Got my fresher's pack etc. today, my college parents are Lowry and Andy. Just been reading through all the rules and regulations and trying to fill in the forms etc. - great fun!

Is anyone intending to get gowns and things before they get to oxford? In my stuff it said you can wait but then that you need a gown for the formal dinner on the wednesday, and it looks like we'll be pretty busy for the whole of freshers' week.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Binya
    Grades Required: AAB
    Grades: AAAAaa
    Subject: History & Economics
    College: Corpus Christi

Sooooooo happy. Looking forward to it so, so much.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Sophie
    Grades Required: AAA
    Grades: AAAAB
    Subject: Biology
    College: St Hilda's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Got my fresher's pack etc. today, my college parents are Lowry and Andy. Just been reading through all the rules and regulations and trying to fill in the forms etc. - great fun!

Is anyone intending to get gowns and things before they get to oxford? In my stuff it said you can wait but then that you need a gown for the formal dinner on the wednesday, and it looks like we'll be pretty busy for the whole of freshers' week.

i waited and just picked up the bits in oxford - quite a few people already had it all already, though. doesn't matter much either way. lol, quite a few forms, eh?

rock on freshers' cocktails

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I just got my AS results and I got a B in chemistry because of one bad module, though if I retake I can get a good A. The problem is I wanna study chemistry at uni. I got 3 other A's what do u think my chances are of gettin into oxford if I have a predicted A?

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on wether your school cash in your AS level or not, my school didn't, so all I put on my UCAS form were my predicted grades, and I dont think the uni are allowed to ask what you got at AS, and i suppose if they do you can allways say you got an A as they have no way of finding out. Not that I think you should lie.

But really, if you get an interview, then I think it just comes down to how your interviews go, they will be able to tell from them if they want you or not.

ReputationRep:
    just thought I'd update this thread and say they made a mistake...I'm now off to Lincoln College not Hilda's!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Stanislav
    Grades Required: AAAa
    Grades:AAAAaa
    Subject:Materials Science
    Colleget. Catherines

Well, by the looks of it, not a lot of people are doing Materials Science... Or going to St. Catz, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BIOLOG)
    Well, by the looks of it, not a lot of people are doing Materials Science... Or going to St. Catz, lol.
    There are quite a no. of people going to St. Catz actually! I'm the only one on here going to Lincoln except some guy from Germany I believe but he has never posted any more messages since he wrote about his offer on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrydone)
    Needed AAA
    Got AAA
    Off to mansfield

Congratulations to everyone on this thead, your results are massively impressive!
    Congratulations! I guess I'll be seeing you at Mansfield in October!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Will
    Grades Required: AAAA (Evil evil offer, damn having to retake!)
    Grades: AAAAA
    Subject: Economics and Management
    College: University

ReputationRep:
    Name: Frank
    Grades Needed: AAB
    Grades Achieved: AABb and an 'excellent' in my Open University Short Course.
    Course: PPE
    College: Oriel

Can't wait to meet loads of new people and get going in politcal debates. Also i am aiming to set up a Eurovision appriatiation society - anyone interested?
    Feel free to email me and introduce yourself:

[email protected]

Take care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)

oh, not fair..i want to be a fresher again! *pout*

but..i can always corrupt freshers instead i suppose.. muhaha.

ReputationRep:
    I'll abstain with the Eurovision society, but political debates sounds good If you're interested in US politics, http://apolyton.net/forums/ 's Off Topic forum is reaklly good. Many people from communists to right wing libertarians through many US democrats and repugs.

Also, www.politicsforum.org is pretty good, but I don't post there much.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats guys!

As for gowns, for can get them beforehand if you so wish, but once you get here there will be hundreds of students (often grads and scholars) who will be willing to let their's go at a reduced cost; they only cost £30 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Congrats guys!

As for gowns, for can get them beforehand if you so wish, but once you get here there will be hundreds of students (often grads and scholars) who will be willing to let their's go at a reduced cost; they only cost £30 anyway.
    OUSU are selling a cap and gown for £35. I hope that this was worth it as I have just sent off my order!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Michael Roberts
    Grades Required: umm didn't apply (taking a gap year, applying now!)
    Grades: AAA
    Subject: Hopefully Law
    College: Open application, I really don't mind which one!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.