AS Media Studies Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I took media studies for GCSE, and obtained an A*, that plus the fact i very much enjoy it have encouraged me to select it as one of a AS Level subjects. However, i am curious to find out what kind of things you study at AS Level, and is the difficulty standard alot higher than G.C.S.E. I am worried that i will not be able to cope with the work, please can somebody reply and tell me about the As Level AQA media studies course.

Suzi xx-xx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I took media studies for GCSE, and obtained an A*, that plus the fact i very much enjoy it have encouraged me to select it as one of a AS Level subjects. However, i am curious to find out what kind of things you study at AS Level, and is the difficulty standard alot higher than G.C.S.E. I am worried that i will not be able to cope with the work, please can somebody reply and tell me about the As Level AQA media studies course.

Suzi xx-xx
1stly i'd like to say don't start moaning if this has already been replied to or if it's 2 late, cos i don't really care.

i've just picked media up as an AS (cos i needed to pick up an AS) if u got an A* in gcse surely it can't change to the extent where you can't cope with the work however i didn't take it at gcse so i wouldn't know.

i've found it pretty much like english tbh, and also pretty boring tbh (tbh = to be honest). so far it's just been analsysis adverts and magazing articles and a few film clips with camera angle, use of images, layout, structure, design, language etc... etc... blar blar, we've yet to start out coursework but it involves creating a film trailor i think. or a short advert or something along those lines which sounds pretty fun i suppose.

anyways this will have prob been no use to you but meh.
www.mediaknowitall.com, is a pretty good website if u wanna check it out. just some advice in general now....i cruised past gcse without doing sack all work and when i got to AS levels i thought it would be the same as gcse pretty much, but i was sadly mistaken and had to do a couple of resits etc...so get working cos in A and AS level you've gotta get off your back and do your own research if you want a decent grade, or maybe that was just the teaching standard in our college i don't know lol.

anyways i've waffled on long enough now, cya later, Nath.
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Media studies at any level is easier than tying ur shoe laces
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i don't know what happened to the address of that site...seems a bit screwed up it's ment to read

www.mediaknowitall.com
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
feck lol, can't even edit a post!!!!!

i'll try it without the world wide web at the start see if that works..

mediaknowitall.com
Mikey_J
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)

Suzi xx-xx

I got an A Grade in GCSE, but when I went on to do AS level Media Studies last year, I got a D The subject is harder, I won't lie to you, but work hard and you should be fine. I am resitting this thursday, and I am a lot more confident. Keep with the work load and study and you should be fine.
Mike
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
please stop bringing back old posts - theres plenty of new threads on Media Studies.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.9%
No (385)
72.1%

Watched Threads