The Student Room Group
Reply 1
PublicSchoolAnn
Section 9 of the UCAS form is for 'details of paid employment to date.' Is this a major hint that universities think that having had employment before is a benefit. Will I be at a disadvantage for not having a job before? Although I did do a months volunatry work this summer at an international summer school.
Thanks. Ann.

Nope, you shouldn't be. I've not had a job before either and I didn't have problems getting into places.
Reply 2
PublicSchoolAnn
Section 9 of the UCAS form is for 'details of paid employment to date.' Is this a major hint that universities think that having had employment before is a benefit. Will I be at a disadvantage for not having a job before? Although I did do a months volunatry work this summer at an international summer school.
Thanks. Ann.

Nope, this section does not affect your application at all. It just acts as a further reference I think.
Nylex
Nope, you shouldn't be. I've not had a job before either and I didn't have problems getting into places.

Phew. I was getting a little worried after what certain other people have written on this forum...

Latest

Trending

Trending