Burns104
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to pursue a career in Medicine, specifically working abroad, and I am planning on taking Biology and Chemistry at A Level as I enjoy both of these subjects, achieve A*s in these subjects and know they are essential for to do Medicine.

However I have a real passion for languages (I am currently studying French and Spanish and again achieve A*s in both) and wish to study both of them alongside Biology and Chemistry. I am bit apprehensive to make this decision though because I know traditionally people who are applying to do Medicine take subjects like Maths or Physics alongside Biology and Chemistry. I would really appreciate if anybody could let me know if I would be at diadvantage by taking two languages with Biology and Chemistry when applying to do Medicine at university.
t.anya.x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Burns104)
I want to pursue a career in Medicine, specifically working abroad, and I am planning on taking Biology and Chemistry at A Level as I enjoy both of these subjects, achieve A*s in these subjects and know they are essential for to do Medicine.

However I have a real passion for languages (I am currently studying French and Spanish and again achieve A*s in both) and wish to study both of them alongside Biology and Chemistry. I am bit apprehensive to make this decision though because I know traditionally people who are applying to do Medicine take subjects like Maths or Physics alongside Biology and Chemistry. I would really appreciate if anybody could let me know if I would be at diadvantage by taking two languages with Biology and Chemistry when applying to do Medicine at university.

Hey, I'm also planning on doing medicine and I'm doing Biology , Chemistry , Maths and sociology for AS level. I was speaking to a teacher last week and I came to know that not all universities look at maths and physics and that for most people only look at biology and chemistry. personally i think it's good that you have a wide range of subjects as it doesn't show the typical maths/physics , and biology and chemistry. you might want to look into the place you want to study abroad and look at their requirements, but i know that most just require biology and chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads