The Student Room Group

Going for the role of sports captain

I'm currently in year 10, and there is now an option of going for a role in school. I really want to go for sports captain, but I will have to write a letter and eventually have an interview with my head of house! I really need some help/advice on this! What sort of stuff should I write in the letter? And any tips on the interview? Many thanks, Kezia x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jackson2002
I'm currently in year 10, and there is now an option of going for a role in school. I really want to go for sports captain, but I will have to write a letter and eventually have an interview with my head of house! I really need some help/advice on this! What sort of stuff should I write in the letter? And any tips on the interview? Many thanks, Kezia x

Hey! I'm a sport captain and I'm in year 11.

They love it when you are sportive and always willing to help!

100% mention helping younger children and would be eager to arrange sport events within your local community.
I can just say, be yourself. Show them that you are completely dedicated and a responsible young adult. Include any extra curricular activités and even a part in school when you had to take responsibility. Show your passion for sport. Especially some girls are not motivated to play sport, encourage to allow much more enjoyable sport: such as trampolining, table tennis and other sports that maybe your school don't do.

Communication, Dedication, Confidence, Motivator, Commitment, Good Listener, And always willing to put all your time and effort in, is the the 🔑.

I suggested a sports week, and my idea for brought to light. We have been having sports week since.

I hope that helps, if you want to ask more don't hesitate to ask! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Missdimples
Hey! I'm a sport captain and I'm in year 11.

They love it when you are sportive and always willing to help!

100% mention helping younger children and would be eager to arrange sport events within your local community.
I can just say, be yourself. Show them that you are completely dedicated and a responsible young adult. Include any extra curricular activités and even a part in school when you had to take responsibility. Show your passion for sport. Especially some girls are not motivated to play sport, encourage to allow much more enjoyable sport: such as trampolining, table tennis and other sports that maybe your school don't do.

Communication, Dedication, Confidence, Motivator, Commitment, Good Listener, And always willing to put all your time and effort in, is the the 🔑.

I suggested a sports week, and my idea for brought to light. We have been having sports week since.

I hope that helps, if you want to ask more don't hesitate to ask! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Thank you so much for the advice. I'm currently on my 2 week easter holiday, so I'm going to try and write a couple of drafts for the letter before I write up the final one neatly. Some of the people going for other roles are including references in their letter, do you think it would be best for me to do that aswell? And who should I get one from?
x
Hi! Thank you so much for the advice. I'm currently on my 2 week easter holiday, so I'm going to try and write a couple of drafts for the letter before I write up the final one neatly. Some of the people going for other roles are including references in their letter, do you think it would be best for me to do that aswell? And who should I get one from?
x

Hello. Your very welcome! I'm also on my Easter Holiday.

Yes, good thinking with writing up drafts then writing the final letter neatly.

Yes!!! Do include a reference, honestly it doesn't have to be a sports teacher. It can be any teacher, or if you volunteer or take part in Extra-Curriculum subjects outside of school, they can also do a reference on your behalf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hello. Your very welcome! I'm also on my Easter Holiday.

Yes, good thinking with writing up drafts then writing the final letter neatly.

Yes!!! Do include a reference, honestly it doesn't have to be a sports teacher. It can be any teacher, or if you volunteer or take part in Extra-Curriculum subjects outside of school, they can also do a reference on your behalf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do a lot of netball out of school and play for my local team, so my netball coach for that would probably be a good idea. I really hope I get the role! It seems like such a good thing to put on your CV and it means I'll be able to help with sports day (my favourite day of the school year 😂❤) x
I do a lot of netball out of school and play for my local team, so my netball coach for that would probably be a good idea. I really hope I get the role! It seems like such a good thing to put on your CV and it means I'll be able to help with sports day (my favourite day of the school year 😂❤) x

That's good to hear! I'm sure you will get the role, just be yourself!

My last Sports Day was last year😭.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
That's good to hear! I'm sure you will get the role, just be yourself!

My last Sports Day was last year😭.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no that's a shame 😭 I'm going to miss all the sports events at my school when I leave... and the normal P.E. lessons 😂
Oh no that's a shame 😭 I'm going to miss all the sports events at my school when I leave... and the normal P.E. lessons 😂

Aww. Have you considered what you may take for your A-Levels? I know that you are in Year 10, but would you be considering to take P.E as a A-Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Aww. Have you considered what you may take for your A-Levels? I know that you are in Year 10, but would you be considering to take P.E as a A-Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
k

Yes, I am definitely considering P.E. as an A-level. As well as Biology as that fits in quite well with P.E., and I love science. I've often wondered about becoming a P.E. teacher, but I'm not completely sure yet. 😊
k

Yes, I am definitely considering P.E. as an A-level. As well as Biology as that fits in quite well with P.E., and I love science. I've often wondered about becoming a P.E. teacher, but I'm not completely sure yet. 😊

I will not take P.E this September. My actual last P.E lesson was last week Friday. Yes, Im a Sports Captain, but I did it to look good for my CV and future, 😂😂😂😂but I do love basketball.

Well I'm sure you'd be a really good P.E teacher or with whatever profession you choose. 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will not take P.E this September. My actual last P.E lesson was last week Friday. Yes, Im a Sports Captain, but I did it to look good for my CV and future, 😂😂😂😂but I do love basketball.

Well I'm sure you'd be a really good P.E teacher or with whatever profession you choose. 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! And I wish you well for the future! Do you have any ideas of what career you'd like to do? 😊
Thank you! And I wish you well for the future! Do you have any ideas of what career you'd like to do? 😊

Thank you and you too! I'd like to be a Human Rights' Lawyer.😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you and you too! I'd like to be a Human Rights' Lawyer.😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that sounds amazing 😀 Go for it!
Wow that sounds amazing 😀 Go for it!

Thank you so much!

You go for being a P.E teacher(or having a career with sports) or any of your other ambitions! 😊😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I’m In year 7 and I’m allowed to try become sports captain. Could you help me write a letter about it please? So far I have under the title:Why do you want to be a sports captain?I like sports and I want to make others feel confident no matter what. Also I want to stand up for girls who get bullied for trying to attempt being sports captain.______________That was my answer for one question. Is there an answer for: What do you want to consider to be main role of a sports captain? That’s a question on a form I have to fill in for school and I’m not sure how it answer it. Sienna x

Latest

Trending

Trending